Sales at KUIU

Snowtop

FNG
How often does KUIU have sales on normal gear?
Only read great reviews on their stuff. Been looking at the outlet store but can’t find my size in the stuff I’m looking for.
I’m looking to buy the Chugach NX rain gear. Would love to get the gear before November.

ianpadron

WKR
Back in the day, they ran 20-30% off sales every month to move inventory and raise cash.

Now that they've gone the private equity/investor route, sales are few and far between, and when they do happen, they aren't that great.

Last year they didn't have a good one until Black Friday, and even that sale paled in comparison to years prior. If you need it now, I'd just pull the trigger at full price.
How often does KUIU have sales on normal gear?
Only read great reviews on their stuff. Been looking at the outlet store but can’t find my size in the stuff I’m looking for.
I’m looking to buy the Chugach NX rain gear. Would love to get the gear before November.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Snowtop

FNG
Well that’s not good!
How about size? Thinking about the 3xl. Not saying I’m that big. But I’d like to be able to have room to go over my normal hunting clothing I’ll have on for hunting. I have pretty wide shoulders to begin with and wear xl to 2xl depending of fit without layers on. Does the fit run small, normal or large for sizing?

ianpadron

WKR
I'm 6'2" 215, pretty dang lean and wear XL in all of their jackets, they fit like a glove
Well that’s not good!
How about size? Thinking about the 3xl. Not saying I’m that big. But I’d like to be able to have room to go over my normal hunting clothing I’ll have on for hunting. I have pretty wide shoulders to begin with and wear xl to 2xl depending of fit without layers on. Does the fit run small, normal or large for sizing?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
I normally wear 2xl in others, but for Kuiu, I have to order 3xl. So in my opinion, it runs small.

OP
S

Snowtop

FNG
I see the Cabelas MT050 2xl is 52-54 which fits great in my shoulder. KUIU 3xl said 53 so I’m thinking I’ll go with it. I understand that’s chest size but I’m sure (hope) shoulder size is wide.

snowplow

WKR
I have really wide shoulders and long arms but am 5'10 200. The xl jaclets and L pants are perfect. Not a lot of extra belly room in their gear but not super slim either like some brands. Perfect in my opinion. Good sales are 2 times a year if l remember.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I normally wear 2xl in others, but for Kuiu, I have to order 3xl. So in my opinion, it runs small.

This mirrors my Kuiu experience too for their tops. Normally a XL or XXL but in Kuiu its a 3XL from base layer to jackets. I'm 6' and 225lb

OP
S

Snowtop

FNG
Well I went with the 2XL. Asked the wife for her opinion “It’s awfully tight for a 2XL, you’re not going to be able to wear anything thick under it”. So it will be exchanged for a 3XL. I do like the athletic fit and tapper of the midsection. But the shoulder in the 2XL fit me like a XL in other jackets.

success

WKR
I normally wear a L-XL in jackets. I have a 44” chest. I’ve never bought kuiu and want to buy a soft shell. Either the new rubicon or guide jacket. I have a lot of layer in other clothing already and worry they won’t fit under these shells. A wool vest and a lightweight puffy. Would I need a xxl? Any suggestions?

I normally wear a L-XL in jackets. I have a 44” chest. I’ve never bought kuiu and want to buy a soft shell. Either the new rubicon or guide jacket. I have a lot of layer in other clothing already and worry they won’t fit under these shells. A wool vest and a lightweight puffy. Would I need a xxl? Any suggestions?

I wear large coats in general and the same with kuiu. I personally would go with the xl but I also like a trim fit. I think a xxl would be way too big. .02

OP
S

Snowtop

FNG

The KUIU XXL is a size 49 chest!
I read all the comments posted here and also called KUIU customer service. Anthony told me to get the XXL. He said the Chugach runs a little bigger than their other jackets.
I received the jacket and it is too small in my shoulders.
I’ll be sending it back for a 3XL. In my opinion they run a size smaller than other jackets I have. I do like the athletic tapper, no problem in the midsection. With other jackets if they fit my shoulders the midsection is always too big.
In my opinion if you’re going to have layers on for the cold. Buy the XXL if it’s too big send it back for the XL.

Poser

WKR
205#
Chest: 42 inches
Shoulders: 20 inches
Arms: 14.5 inches

The large Kuiu jackets fit me perfectly. The shirts, however, in L or XL are absolute armpit huggers so I wear other brands.

success

WKR
Update. 5’6” 200. 44” chest. Just tried on peloton 240, guide vest, and Teton shell. All xl. All layered well. Perfect fit except the arms length. A little long.