Salewa - Blister Free guarantee

Want to know if Salewa stands by their warranty. They do!

There was a minor defect inside a boot I purchased a month ago that was causing a hot spot. I gave them a short break in period just in case which helped somewhat. I contacted them anyways to see what they would say and they got a new pair of boots out to me immediately.

Best fit in a boot I’ve ever had. Had to give them a shout out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
Want to know if Salewa stands by their warranty. They do!

There was a minor defect inside a boot I purchased a month ago that was causing a hot spot. I gave them a short break in period just in case which helped somewhat. I contacted them anyways to see what they would say and they got a new pair of boots out to me immediately.

Best fit in a boot I’ve ever had. Had to give them a shout out.

That's good to know. I have had great luck with their boots. I love my Crow GTX boots.

OP
Topo_trekker
Nice. Went with the Raven 3 GTX myself.

Been looking for a lightweight boot with a stiff sole for a while now. Really like how close they are to the ground, definitely more agile than other brands I’ve tried.

cedb3bbda10c043863b54980117360da.jpg

Any other users? I was not terribly familiar with their shoes. Tried on some Wildfire's the other day. Funky looking, but seemed very fitting and functional. May grab a pair.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
I've been rocking the Salewa Mountain Trainers for about 1.5 years. 3 trips to colorado high country in them so far. Bought the Crow, Repace, Alp Trainers, and Mountain Trainers to try at the same time. The MT were plenty stiff for me, Alp Trainer not stiff enough for a serious mountain boot imo, the other two were too stiff for my liking but were probably similar to other common mountain hunting boots. All boots Light weight and comfortable. Both soles on my MT have come off though so i'm currently talking to their warranty department. 2 year warranty against defects so that is a plus. I got hot spots in them on my first trip, but i have sensitive feet. Learned really quickly that Leuko tape is amazing stuff. A strip across my heel and I was good for a week with no discomfort.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

Been looking for a lightweight boot with a stiff sole for a while now. Really like how close they are to the ground, definitely more agile than other brands I’ve tried.

Oh dang those things look ballin! May have to look into those.

Trr15

WKR
I picked up a pair of their trail runners a few years ago. Great shoes. Vibram outsole, durable, lightweight and good fit.

I been wearing the Salewa Raven2 GTX in the pretty blue and red colors and these things are nails! Very tough and fit perfect.

ChrisAU

WKR

Any chance you could weigh those? Salewas site says around 26 oz, I assume that is per boot?

OP
Topo_trekker
Any chance you could weigh those? Salewas site says around 26 oz, I assume that is per boot?

My size 12 weighs 32oz per boot. They’re just a little heavier than Trango Towers but better built and more stable. Less stiff than the La Sportivas as well, only a 3/4 shank in them.

ChrisAU

WKR
My size 12 weighs 32oz per boot. They’re just a little heavier than Trango Towers but better built and more stable. Less stiff than the La Sportivas as well, only a 3/4 shank in them.

Thanks for the info sir

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved

No place near me to try these on. Did you size up from normal?

bates

WKR
great boots, i wore out a pair of the raven 2's

the crow's are another pair of lighter boots more of dayhunting

i am sure the newer raven 3 are good, i just got the new vulturs and i am impressed

nice improvements over the raven 2