Salewa Mountain Trainer GTX Failure(s)

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ran the newer model Salewa Mountain Trainer 2 Mid GTX ? Thinking about trying them.View attachment 606509
I have these boots. I’m a fan of a stiff boot but wanted to try something with some more flex. I don’t like the tennis shoe feeling while hiking or hunting and these mountain trainer’s are perfect for what I was wanting. More flexible than what I had but still plenty stiff enough for hauling heavy weight and having the good boot protection that I like.

dzlfarmboy

Lil-Rokslider
I just got in a pair of 10’s. They fit really good but only with the stock insoles. Not enough room for my Sheep Feet insoles. Gonna try a 10.5 and see how those fit. My feet measure 26.35cm long and 10.9cm wide.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Trainer 2: Got a pair in late July. I went with the 12.5 and ended up exchanging for a 13. My measurements are 292mm x 114 mm. I like them and can manage a couple sock/liner/insole combinations. They have done well in training on the treadmill and out hiking and no major blister issues or other discomfort. So far they've done well in high, wet grass, staying dry. I would actually like a stiffer sole but liked so much about them that I kept them. I would buy again if I needed something similar.

dzlfarmboy

Lil-Rokslider
Trainer 2: Got a pair in late July. I went with the 12.5 and ended up exchanging for a 13. My measurements are 292mm x 114 mm. I like them and can manage a couple sock/liner/insole combinations. They have done well in training on the treadmill and out hiking and no major blister issues or other discomfort. So far they've done well in high, wet grass, staying dry. I would actually like a stiffer sole but liked so much about them that I kept them. I would buy again if I needed something similar.
Looks like the Rapace is a stiffer boot, lil heavier. May be something to consider next.