Salewa Mountain Trainer Lite Mid GTX?

ChrisAU

WKR
Anyone tried them? Couldn't find much with a search. Ordered some from Moosejaw this morning with 10% off coupon + 10% back with Active Junky, figure they were worth a shot looking for the next light mountain boot.

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I tried Mt Trainer and Rapace. I really wanted to like them, but both pairs felt high in the arch. Actually started to hurt just in the house. I expected a slightly narrower toe box, but they weren’t wide by any means. Build appeared really nice. Wish they would have worked for me.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Got them in today and really like them. They are what I wanted the La Sportiva TX5 to be, I got the Salewas in 11.5 and the toe box is much roomier than the La Sportiva’s in size 12. They are supper light too, the pair of 11.5 Salewas weigh 44.2 oz.

Steadman

WKR
I gotta pair a couple weeks ago as well. Very light boot. Got a blister on one heal but it was my fault. They are becoming more comfortable as I wear them. They are stiff enough to carry weight for a few miles but flexible enough to wear for quick hikes. So far I really like them. I look forward to putting them through the paces in August

I gotta pair a couple weeks ago as well. Very light boot. Got a blister on one heal but it was my fault. They are becoming more comfortable as I wear them. They are stiff enough to carry weight for a few miles but flexible enough to wear for quick hikes. So far I really like them. I look forward to putting them through the paces in August
Nice how do you feel the toe box is on these? Nice and wide?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Have limited time with them lately but about to turn a couple gym days a week to weighted pack hikes so they will get tested soon. They have a very room toe box and are extremely comfortable to me out of the box. Light enough that you feel like you aren't wearing anything. Stiffness seems to be enough to handle rocky terrain but also is flexible enough to not feel like you are walking with snow shoes on.

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
Are they pretty true to size? I’m a 10 in running shoes but my Meindl boots are 9 1/2. Can’t find them local to try on

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Are they pretty true to size? I’m a 10 in running shoes but my Meindl boots are 9 1/2. Can’t find them local to try on

I’m am 11EE in just about everything and these fit great in 11.5D. GoHunt has some actual foot measurements from their team members and what size fits them on their website for these boots and many others.

fmyth

WKR
Most comfortable boots I own. Water proofing failed on day 2 of my WY hunt last year. It appears as though the Superfeet insoles I put in the boots wore through the goretex. I did purchase the Superfeet insoles that are designed for boots with goretex liners. Besides the failed waterproofing I love them. I put 152 miles on them in WY during archery season then returned for rifle season and wore them for 10 days in the snow. The tread on the soles is pretty chewed up now so they are my spare hunting boots. I purchased a new pair of Mt. Trainers for this year.

Steadman

WKR
A little update. I've been wearing these for a bit at work to break them in. Just went for a good scouting hike with no weight, and am still getting a hot spot on my heal. I really want to like these boots but can't deal with hot spots or blisters. If anything I'll use them for work.