Salewa Rapace vs Hanwag Makra combi

Bearsears

WKR
I've narrowed down to these two for my next archery elk boot. Whats everyone's thoughts on these? Anyone tried both?

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I love the rapace. They have a lot of support and need no break-in. I have no previous expertise with that type of boot, so I cant make comparisons.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I own the Salewa Rapace and love it. It’s definitely a stiff boot, which I prefer. It climbs off trail steep terrain very well, and it also feels light. If it fits your foot it’s a great boot and has not shown any bad wear over the last 2 seasons. I have been using it here in Montana for late season hunting and I do not recommend it for that, it’s definitely a early to mid season boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bearsears

Bearsears

WKR
Thanks for the replies everyone. I run a 12 in a lowa boot. Any idea what I should order in sizing for the salewa?

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies everyone. I run a 12 in a lowa boot. Any idea what I should order in sizing for the salewa?

They run true to size for the most part. I don’t think they are too narrow either, I have a wide toe box and they fit great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran the repace for archery elk this year and loved them.
They are narrow in the heel but id say normal toe box plenty of room for me.
Id call them medium but not stiff.
Stiff enough to work but not like a Tibet.
Same size as lowa.

I wasn't to impressed with the dwr/ water proofness after a few weeks of hard hunting.
But it was really hard to tell if the water was just going in the top.
Out of 15ish pairs of boots they are the most comfortable I've had so far.
Knock on wood.