Salmon Zone Idaho.

Fullfan

WKR
Been in Idaho since the 13th. Been covering 8-13 miles a day. Have yet to hear a bugle, and or see any fresh sign. Big fire here, not sure if that has changed the behavior or what. Anyone else here or been here? Hunting through the 30th, anticipating things to get better

AZ_J

FNG
I am currently working at the mine just on top of the mountain by cobalt. I have been here since June and have only seen 2 different groups of elk, one by the mine property with one bull, and another group closer to Salmon with a raghorn.
But between Salmon and here I see mule deer in a 50:1 ratio to elk if not more. And the same cinnamon bear like 25 times with her cub. Oh and so far (4) wolves and a bunch of melanistic foxes.

It’s not the fire. That area is tough. Low numbers. Elkless hunts are common there. If I were you I’d relocate while you still have time.

As a Hail Mary effort go up through the Lost Trail ski resort and try right along the Montana border by Shields creek. Keep in mind that the adjacent Montana 250 unit is a draw and hardly hunted. There are some big bulls there these days with very little pressure. Hint hint…..

As a Hail Mary effort go up through the Lost Trail ski resort and try right along the Montana border by Shields creek. Keep in mind that the adjacent Montana 250 unit is a draw and hardly hunted. There are some big bulls there these days with very little pressure. Hint hint…..
There's gonna be pressure now!

OP
Fullfan

Fullfan

WKR
Ten 4, not a peep or any fresh sign around gibbonsville. Spent today in sheep creek, and nothing. Crap weather coming, hope it turns on.
Will check North near the lost trail pass.

Plan on 4th of July creek tomorrow .

Watched a 5x6 for a bit this morning. Would be tough to get within bow range where he lives. Have been hearing them talk at night. The Trail Creek and Boundary Fire has no effect on them right now. Hell I’ve seen multiple elk 100 yards away from a fire just going about their day.

Was in the woods a fair bit on Tuesday and Wednesday in 36b and saw elk. Saw one strapped on a rig last week coming out of a good area.

The exact tip I would give if I drew a Montana 250 tag and needed someone to push me some animals. It’s a classic move. Nicely executed 😀
Lol …. Not! There’s nobody over there. Anyone who does draw 250 comes in from a different direction. And also…. have you ever tried to “push” elk? Trust me it doesn’t work.