Salomon boots for elk hunting

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I am on my second pair of Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.

I bought a pair to bow hunt elk in CO. I got them in April to break them in to use during turkey season. When I turkey hunt I will often hike big pieces of public in Pennsylvania looking for a bird and the boots worked great. I took them out elk hunting and they worked great for that. I hunted in them on and off during pa deer seasons and then would wear them to work during the winter. I have an office job so they did not get used very hard when going to work.

By January of the following year the boots where shot. Stitches were coming undone and the leather was separating form the rubber sole. So I emailed Saloman and told them that my boots were falling apart and their not even a year old. They asked me to take a couple pics and fill out a form. Shortly after I was a $250 credit to buy a new pair of boots form their website.

The second pair are doing great. But I am babying them more than the first pair, just so they can last a little longer.

CMF

WKR
I have a pair of the Quest 4d's, It seems my experience is similar to others. They are comfortable, but seem to get wet easily and take a while to dry. I bought them last spring, turkey hunted, trained, hunted New Mexico elk during archery, and have been wearing them whitetail hunting Mississippi. I don't see this pair making it to another September elk hunt, or I wouldn't be confident in them making through another elk hunt.
I'm definitely interested in what you guys are using to waterproof them? I thought this type of boot wasn't supposed to be sprayed?
Has anyone switched to another boot that is equally comfortable, but more waterproof?

Sled

WKR
Has anyone switched to another boot that is equally comfortable, but more waterproof?

i mentioned earlier...the crispi colorado is a good replacement for theses. fit is the same, more ankle support, better waterproofing and overall better built.