Salomon Quest 4D 3GTX Sizing

McCoppin

FNG
Anyone have any input on these and if they run true to size?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
They run true to size. I love mine. I'm on my 3rd pair.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
I have 3 pairs as well, I wear a sz 11 in all Salomon shoes (xa pro, x ultra, quest). True to size IMO.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
My concern is I'm buying them online and the way I'm purchasing there non refundable. Not sketchy just the program I'm using. So I measured my foot and it measured 10.5" so I'm hoping a size 9.5will be perfect

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
My concern is I'm buying them online and the way I'm purchasing there non refundable. Not sketchy just the program I'm using. So I measured my foot and it measured 10.5" so I'm hoping a size 9.5will be perfect

10.5” from what? Big toe to heel? What shoe size do you wear?

For me, I ordered the shoe size I normally wore and wore them for 2 years until they were Swiss cheese but still comfortable... as long as it wasn’t wet out.

they’re true to size and an extremely comfortable boot.

They ran just a little wide for me. I normally wear a wide shoe and didn't need a wide in this. Love em.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
10.5” from what? Big toe to heel? What shoe size do you wear?

For me, I ordered the shoe size I normally wore and wore them for 2 years until they were Swiss cheese but still comfortable... as long as it wasn’t wet out.

they’re true to size and an extremely comfortable boot.
Yes big toe to heel and I normally wear a 8.5-9 in normal shoes and boots

3 pairs here as well. True to size also in the speed crosses.
Wanted a boot with similar light and nimble qualities to fill in when wet weather was in the forecast. Got a pair of Lowa caminos recently. Definitely stiffer than the Salomons but not a bad trade off on wet days.

I have a pair in this style that fit ok. But I have several other styles that I think run small. I’m a 13.

TexAg08

FNG
Mine ran true to size, but had to go one full size up to accommodate a new insole. With the SOLE red insole, they’re awesome!

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
Boots came in today and fit like a glove super comfortable as well so far. We will see how they do in the hills later
557130b80c0fa42820b76c1d9505e1f4.jpg

CB4

WKR
I bought a pair last year. within 5 miles the rubber protecting the toe started to peal away from the boot. Contacted Salomon and got a voucher to order a new pair. Second pair did the same thing within 20 miles. For all of the positive reviews they did not hold up at all. I ended wearing them in Idaho last year and my feet were sore for two weeks after. Wearing them in the midwest is fine but out west they are not good at all. I have Crispi Colorado's being delivered this weekend.

I bought a pair last year. within 5 miles the rubber protecting the toe started to peal away from the boot. Contacted Salomon and got a voucher to order a new pair. Second pair did the same thing within 20 miles. For all of the positive reviews they did not hold up at all. I ended wearing them in Idaho last year and my feet were sore for two weeks after. Wearing them in the midwest is fine but out west they are not good at all. I have Crispi Colorado's being delivered this weekend.
Interesting.

I put 50 miles or so on mine with no issues. Shoes are so personal though I totally get it when they don't work.

They certainly aren't as durable as others.

Thinking about buying another pair for backups since they are on sale a lot of places.

There quality has definitely been going down the last couple years. The boots used to last until there was no tread left on the sole. Now the sole is usually the first thing to fall apart, big chunks have been coming out of my last few pairs.

CB4

WKR
Interesting.

I put 50 miles or so on mine with no issues. Shoes are so personal though I totally get it when they don't work.

They certainly aren't as durable as others.

Thinking about buying another pair for backups since they are on sale a lot of places.

It very well could be how my foot is shaped or how I walk that it tore away. I do wear them frequently to walk the dog or on easy trails and they are great and still waterproof. The fact both tore though I dont trust them out west.

2 pair. Fit true to size. Very comfortable but will leak eventually.

I wear mine mostly for dry weather spring turkey hunts.

If it's raining I break out the lowas

matthewmt

WKR
Experienced the same with multiple pairs as well and a pair of xa pro forces.
I haven't had any wet feet with my current pair but the Rand around the toe is starting to give way. Used these almost only for archery and this general rifle season here in northwest MT so quite a few miles.
Once broke in the quest feel amazing tho and Salomon will warranty them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Im surprised on the sole peeling and chunking off. All three of my pairs have hundreds of miles each on them and none of those types of issues.
As far as waterproof goes, i have sponges that are more water resistant.
I do love the heck outta those boots for dry conditions though.