Salomon Quest 4d2 gtx under $90

Murdy

WKR

colonel00

WKR
I see the same red flags as you. But, since it's through Amazon, I may give it a shot as well.

I'm not probably as informed as many of you on the ways people can scam you online so I'm curious what the risk is?

I think you are protected from losing your money aren't you? Either through Amazon.com or your credit card company?

Trophy8

FNG
Curious if you got a ship notification? Will amazon issue a refund if they try to screw you? I'm looking at buying these exact boots....

According to Amazon it's covered under their A-Z buyer protection so if the merchant tries to screw you over Amazon WILL refund.....may be worth picking up an extra pair at this price.

Brado16

WKR
I just ordered a pair, let's see what happens. Amex will cover me if anything bad happens... just like with Atlas Coolers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schwag

FNG
scammola... "Heysmar" is Russian for "I separate you from your money" You may not lose any money after your CC refunds your loss, but this guy is banking on all the folks who do not have any protection, and for an hour at his computer generating a realistic looking storefront, he will get plenty of return. His other angle is his site will capture your CC info which he will sell in Czeck republic or similar for $500. Let me know if you receive boots in mail and I will eat crow.

scammola... "Heysmar" is Russian for "I separate you from your money" You may not lose any money after your CC refunds your loss, but this guy is banking on all the folks who do not have any protection, and for an hour at his computer generating a realistic looking storefront, he will get plenty of return. His other angle is his site will capture your CC info which he will sell in Czeck republic or similar for $500. Let me know if you receive boots in mail and I will eat crow.
You are probably right although I am not sure how that angle works as I did my purchase through the regular Amazon checkout. Maybe they have people contact them direct and get payment outside of Amazon? Maybe they get the cash from Amazon and then disappear leaving amazon to refund the money?

Who knows, maybe I will get a message in the next couple days saying there was an issue with my payment and try to get me to pat them direct.

I think the odds of this being legit are very low but I figure it's worth the hassle of filling out refund paperwork and being out the $80 for a short time.

The other angle which I think is very unlikely is that these are some sort of Chinese knockoff boots that they would send out.

The world is full of scammed and the Internet just makes it easier for them. Maybe it will get bad enough that Amazon will be more careful with who they let sell on their website. I suppose they make billions so a few million a year in refunds are just a cost of doing business for them.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
OP
M

Murdy

WKR
I bought with a CC too, for the added protection, Did receive an order confirmation from Amazon, no ship notice yet.
My concern is more that the boots are counterfeits, but we will see. Sierra has these at $120 recently (with more limited sizes available) so hopefully this isn't too much of an outlier. We will see I guess.

I'm in on the sharpener too. May fortune smile on the foolish . . . .