Salomon vs Crispi Boots Comparison

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
I've been thinking about trying out some Crispi boots and wanted to get some help on what to try. I've had the Salmon X ultra Treks and the Quest 4D's. I want a comparable Crispi boot. I will use these for light hiking and archery hunting, no mountaineering type stuff. The X Ultras were pretty flexible and quiet and I liked that. What Crispis would be best suited for me? Crispi has their own flex rating system, but I do not know how that compares to Salomons.

Thanks for the help.

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had multiple pairs of the Salomon quests and used the crispy Idaho’s the past few seasons. Nothing in crispis line will be as comfortable out of the box like the quests. The crispis insole is pretty hard and thin.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been running the Quest 4d’s the last couple years and have finally gotten fed up with the poor quality gortex so I was leaning heavily on a pair of Crispi Summits. Tried them on in SLC this past week. If you thought your Salomons are narrow, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

brsnow

WKR
There is a crispi following on here, but if you look into it, the waterproof issues do not seem to be brand specific.

i wore a pair of solomons in idaho and on day three i was tired of my feet being soaked. I went into town and bought five cans of spray silicone to try and save my trip. Eventually wet feet broke me. I went home and the first thing I did was bought a pair of crispi nevadas and threw the solomons in the garbage. Put about 150 miles on them training and not once did i get a hot spot or did my feet hurt. I have used them for four seasons now and my feet have never been wet besides a little sweat.

brsnow

WKR
I have I believe 7 seasons, year round mountain use on Salomon Quest, can’t estimate the actual hard use miles. From archery to 4th season and a ton of family backcountry trips. They have held up great, needed first re-waterproofing this season. No issues. My next pair won’t be crispi or Salomon based on the issues I have read on both. Not sure I will this fortunate next time around.

Beendare

WKR
A guy literally has to put any of these new boots in the tub first thing to check for waterproof-ness....its the nature of all these boot manufacturers to have problems with leaks.

I bought some Crispis and they ran small in a 14 so they didn't work for me......but the build quality appeared to be better built than my Solomons.

_______

Catahoula

WKR
I wear both the Crispi Nevada and the Crispi Pro Lite GTX for archery season. Both wonderful and...for me... both pairs were comfortable right out of the box..

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
I should clarify and say that my Salomons didn’t leak. The problem was that they weren’t breathable at all. I hiked in them yesterday in 30 degree weather and by the end of a four mile hike my feet were swimming.

twall13

WKR
Not a specific boot recommendation, but you are likely looking at a 2 flex and certainly no more than a 3 flex on the crispi side to get similar flexibility to the Solomons.

I have a pair of Crispi Hunters and Wyomings that I use for most everything and they've both kept my feet dry and blister free. I have more time and miles on the Hunters but they've both been good boots. That said, I live and hunt in areas with a lot more vertical elevation change than what the OP is looking for so my needs are probably different.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
krist003

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the responses gents. twall13, thanks for the flex rating comparison.