Salomon XR Mission CS

cmeier117

WKR
What running shoes are you guys using? I just started using (50 miles on them so far) the Salomon XR Mission CS. They are awesome! The lace system is so much better than tying knots. Which I suck at anyways.

I have been running in the XR Missions since March. I love the Salomon quick lace system, I wore a pair of Crossmaxs last year. I am not wild about the sole design on the Mission. It just seems a lot bigger than it needs to be in terms of width and height through the midfoot and heel. They are comfortable shoes, and have good traction, they just seem a little to bulky to me.

I have a pair of Sense Mantra's on their way in the brown truck to try out. One of my favorite pair of trail shoes ever was the La Sportiva Fireblade, which is now discontinued. I loved this shoe, the only downside I ever found with it was lateral traction was not the best.

My wife has a pair of Treksta Syncs that she absolutely loves, she compared them to running in slippers.

Edit: I really liked the Crossmaxs, I tried the XR Missions because they were on sale big time.

Last edited: