Salsa & Hot Sauce!

Broomd

WKR
With a boatload of tomatos in the greenhouse, we make a lot of homemade pico d gallo, but for store-bought salsa, Mateo's is pretty fine. We like the medium.
Can be a challenge to find around here, so it's usually an online purchase.

1631935136699.png

Last edited:

qwerksc

WKR
I have 6 eggs on four corn tortillas with cheese in between most everyday for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. I rotate through my sauces, but the mango Maria is great. What others do you like?

Currently:
https://mariesharpsusa.com/products/mango-habanero-sauce almost gone and I can't find it right now
https://www.honeyvillecolorado.com/product/939/81 A++
Twisted BBQ Ghost Chile Sriracha I got at the general store in Jefferson, CO

For salsa, we always have a few bottles of King's Chef stashed around the house.
Both those are getting hit more than any others, we do a lot of hot sauce, Maria Sharps Is top of the list.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Pico Pica. I take it out on the fishing boats and next time I go back, that's what in the tray. I also use my homemade BBQ sauce not only for BBQ'S but as a dip for chicken and pork ribs or pulled pork.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Not really relevant but I just picked up some Tiger Sauce
and smoked oysters,,,,,,havent done that in a while.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
After trying hundreds of hot sauces here is the platinum level winners when I'm not fermenting my own super hots out of my garden. When cooking I have gotten away from using raw peppers. The super hots (reapers, naga vipers, naga kings and bhut jolokia) has unperdictable heat profiles. Quite frankly some of the peppers arent very stable and the heat can go from pretty hot to you just burned out your grandmothers dentures off the same plant on the same harvest. For that reason I will just serranos to pick up the heat and a sauce to finish the heat off to a perdictable level based on my audience.

cry baby craigs - One of the best all around vinegar based hab hot sauce. I use it on pretty much everything, Sandwiches, popcorn, beans, eggs, breakfast tacos, tacos etc. Direct replacement for tabasco type sauces but hotter without as much vinegar twang. 2 table spoons in 55 oz of beans gets them there where the kids arent crying and the adults arent eating bland beans.

Dirty Dicks - A close second to cry baby craigs. The orginal is closer to a bbq sauce flavor profile. I use it quite a bit as well. I dont have any experience with his other flavors but I will on my next order.

The last dab - When you need it hot. For real hot. Not like canadian hot. (sorry guys) Dont F around with this one. A little is good. More will make your dish unedible. By the one and only pucker butt. Has little to no flavor profile. Just adds heat.

Vietnamese and chinese foor I still default to copious amounts of sriracha.

Last edited:
Mrs. Renfros jalapeño salsa. Plenty of kick and great flavor.
if it’s not hot enough for you the ghost pepper salsa is fire in a jar!
Mark

Kdavis44

FNG
I grew up on the Texas/Mexico border and home made or local Mexican food restaurant are my go to, but Cholula is my favorite store bought for eggs.

feanor

WKR
Fort Collins, CO has horse tooth hot sauce which I love. If I’m getting local, it’s that.

Safeway select brand makes my favorite mango blend salsa. Not spicy at all but is very sweet. All of their salsa is very good! Can’t buy enough of it it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
For hot sauce I either use Tabasco or Louisiana.
For salsa I make my own from peppers and tomatoes I grow.. It turns out different every year depending on the peppers.

Are you close to Pasco, Washington?
If so, or just passing through on hw395, stop at the Mercantile just North of town.
Salsas they sell are fantastic. All fresh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk