Sam shoots a Vortex HS-T out to 800+ yards

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I shot that gun today at the range. The HS-T is impressive at that price point.

littlebuf

Banned
very similar to my set up and what im asking it to do. factory rifle/ HS-T scope and hand loads out to around 800 yrds +/- .what did you set zero at?

very similar to my set up and what im asking it to do. factory rifle/ HS-T scope and hand loads out to around 800 yrds +/- .what did you set zero at?

I zero everything except my ARs at 100 yards. Simplifies zero checks anywhere I may be, including at my house.

With a reticle like the VMR-1 on the HS-T, it's easy enough to split a .5 or 1.0 mil hash for a "point blank" shot up close if time is limited. I usually dial everything though, including the close ones.

littlebuf

Banned
that's kinda what i was thinking with this scope. i have a 100 yrd range at my house so it makes checking zero a snap. ive always zero'd at 200 or 250 in the past. ive also thought about zeroing at 100 and then when hunting my local area where i know generally what the shot distance will average dialing up to 250 for the day would give me the set up im used to hunting with. makes sense in my head anyway...