Samick Woodsman

Ended up with a near-new Samick Woodsman takedown recurve as part of a trade deal.

Previous owner stated he twisted a limb when stringing it. No delam or cracks, but can tell bottom limb is twisted a little bit. Fairly new to trad, accomplished compound shooter for decades.

Have searched all over trying to find a replacement set of limbs - appears this model is somewhat of a unicorn in terms of limb fitment design - NOT ILF, but not as simple as a Sage fitment either. 3Rivers replied and said no-joy- they have nothing that will fit. Alternative is to buy a riser only for a Sage since I have a set of Sage limbs without anything to fit.

Trying to salvage a workable entry level trad bow to learn on - anybody have any insight or secret knowledge where a replacement set of 45# or 50# limbs might be hiding?

Mostly looking for a grouse and small game/camp bow to mess with when camping and riding the wheeler in summer/fall.

TIA -

Blessings - Chas.

Talk to a local Bowyer (if there is one) see if they can straighten the limbs? I've seen it done, but I am fairly new to trad bows as well so I don't know how common it is.

They are not overly hard to twist back straight. Turn your hot water on in the sink, place the twisted limb under the hot water and run it back and forth over the twist. Basically letting the hot water warm the limb up a bit. When the limb is warm, twist the limb back to where is is straight, opposite way of the twist, and hold in that position until cool. Repeat as necessary. Have done this numerous times and never had one go back twisted. Have even untwisted them without the hot water if it isn't too bad.