Sam's Club Plainsman leather gloves

Mosby

WKR
I picked up a set of Sam's Club Plainsman leather work gloves to use this year for dog training and hunting. 2 pair for $20. Applied Montana Pitch Blend leather oil & conditioner to the leather. Let that soak in for a few days until dry. Followed up witth Montana Pitch Blend boot cream/waterproofing coating the leather. Let it dry for a couple days. Leather darkened to a great mahogany/brown color. Can't beat the price for two sets of leather gloves. Putting oil into the leather makes them a lot nicer.

Attachments

• 1647782729193.jpeg
    1647782729193.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 39

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My wife brought some of those home for me. They're comfortable and easy to work in, but they're also very thin. Barbed wire and such will poke right through them. I prefer to use them for short stints for when I want to keep my hands clean rather than for heavy work.

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
I plan on using them for dog training and small game hunting, so the thin leather is a benefit for what I am going to use them for. Should work great as a shooting glove, preventing rope burns and the occasional briar patch.

VernAK

WKR
We no longer have a Sam's up here but I still have two pair. These are great gloves for the $$$. Goatskin.

I've just rubbed a bit of Snowseal into mine and it works fine.

I've gotta figure out how to order a few more.

wyosteve

WKR
Agreed, great gloves for the price. Been using them for probably 15 years or more.