Samsung or iPhone

nebhunt

WKR
What do you think is easier to set up and use for navigation. I currently have the Samsung 9+ but am thinking of going back to an iPhone.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an iPhone XS and have no complaints. The battery lasts a long time, takes nice pictures, and it never has glitches or issues.

I have an iphone 11. Its huge which is bith nice for mapping but can be a pain for normal sozed pockets. I wear duluth pants woth a side pocket so thats not an issue so i like it. And the battery is very good through the first 4 months ive had it. And it has a ton of memory space for down loading maps which is also nice. If you loke a big screen i recomend it if not id look at other options

JMDavies

WKR
I'm also interested in knowing more. I've got an old POS Galaxy S7. I've been considering an iPhone, but android platform appears to be more compatible with everything other than apple products. I'm definitely not a phone savvy guy.

It’s like Ford vs. Chevy. Both have their advantages and disadvantage but both work equally as well.

you should use what system you are comfortable with. Either Android or IOS with the Android being a little more easier to use. With that being said, I prefer IPhone and IOS because I’m very familiar with it.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Main reason I go with android is expandable memory, I can put in an sd card plus the phone memory. Other perk with expandable memory is when I'm checking cams. I use the same style as card in the camera as the phone. Just pop it in, view the pics and put it right back in. Not a fan of the iCloud and I could never figure out how to get the pics off the iphone onto a computer without going through iTunes stuff. Android easier, put the card in the computer, shows up as an extra drive and you copy the camera folder(dcim) and paste on desktop. GPS is going to be similar on either 1. Your probably gonna use a gps app anyways and the layout and functionality will be similar.

Using an iPhone 8 Plus for OnX, Bluetooth connecting to a Delorme inReach a couple times a day to text, and snapping a few photos through a spotting scope I got 3 days of battery life before plugging into a battery pack.

Jstcynske

FNG
Had them both, Samsung and Android is so much better! Iphone is like trying to shoot a rifle with one hand tied behind your back.

HalfmanB

FNG
Same boat. Been iPhone buy for life. Wife has been also but she just went Samsung and said I am missing out. Just scared to make the switch lol

Manakh

FNG
Having used most of the major androids the clear winner to me is the Google pixel series Less bloat, better programing, just better I dunno what else I can say in that regard. I've turned multiple people on to them from Samsung and they'll NEVER go back to Samsung again.
My wife had the pixel 2 xl and got suckered into the new Samsung that's $1400 and HATES it!!! She can't wait to go back to pixel!!! She's on her 4th phone for this $1400 POS. Issue after issue after issue.

Again I've also turned people on to the pixel that love it over their company issued iphone work phones.

And finally, I'll never drink the cult juice of apple ever. Pixel 5 all the way right now!!!

DracoPuy

FNG
What do you think is easier to set up and use for navigation. I currently have the Samsung 9+ but am thinking of going back to an iPhone.
In fact, if the question is about navigation, I recommend an iPad, even an iPad Mini is perfect for this and will be much more accurate