Samsung vs apple

Yoder

WKR
I bought a Samsung because I hate woke Apple culture. Honestly I don't think one is really better than the other, it's just what you are used to. I have a S9 and it's a great phone. My wife uses Apple and she never has any issues.

CorbLand

WKR
Weird....I currently have an S21 and before that had a S7 and have launched them many many many times from my lap sitting into the truck onto the concrete, out of my hand onto rocks hunting, and my daughter has dropped it a time or two to say the least....zero issues (of course bought a good case and screen protector for it.

I also have an I phone 12 and previously a 7 for work (office work and travel)...broke both of them in airports just knocking them off the seat while sitting in the terminal or counter at check in. had otter cases and a screen protectors on them.
I have had the direct opposite experience with Apple. My iPhones have taken a beating and handled it.

Dont know if I just got a defective Samsung or if it landed just right to break it.

Naiche

FNG
I hate apple because of the charging cords. They always break. I had an iPhone and bought a 6 foot cord for it and the gangsters did an update so it would no longer work. I now have a Samsung and am happy with it.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
I moved from Android over to Apple this past year. The Apple hardware is pretty robust and they support their products for a longer time period. From a phone perspective 5-7 years vs usually 3 on the Pixel side at least. With the control they exert over their eco system - things seem to work more reliably from an anecdotal perspective.

Not thrilled with iOS especially regarding notifications and being able to arrange the icons on the screen but I don't have to reboot my phone for anything other than a major software update which is nice.

And when its time the ole desktop and surface that are limping along will be retired for a MacBook Pro. The adobe suite of products seems to work better on there and its tough to beat the track pad and display quality. Moved over to an Apple TV for streaming so their suite of products that "just work" together is an attractive thing at this stage in my life.

For the last 20 I've been a staunch build my own PC and all that jazz. After fixing peoples problems for a majority of my adult life I'd prefer to do less at home even if it costs some flexibility.

I use Samsung but only if it will take a memory card, probably why I am still using a S20. I refuse to have my storage capacity limited by any manufacturer and I will not use cloud storage.