San Carlos open to tag holders?

Wondering if anyone local has any info. I have a Coues tag for January on the San Carlos reservation. I’m getting ready to book travel and everything and just wanting to make sure their hunts were still on for non-tribal tag holders. Between COVID and all the fires, wasn’t sure. Their website says the reservation is closed to visitors and all their offices are closed, cannot get anyone on the phone or email. I know ultimately I’m going to have to get in touch with them, but thought it couldn’t hurt to ask on here as well. Anyone know some people that have hunted there this year?

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure but if I were to guess based off of driving through there a couple months ago it's probably still closed. Maybe try getting ahold of a different branch of their government? Customer service on the tribal lands has never been a strong point.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
White mountain Apache opened up their lakes a while back. Haven’t any heard San Carlos news.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
928-475-2224

I'd call their Police Department, probably have business hours but one of their Officers or employees could probably put you on track,, maybe

Northpark

WKR
I live right outside the reservation and do business with the tribe. They are closed to all non tribal members and I wouldn’t expect that to change anytime soon. Which is bummer because I was hoping to hunt javalina on the res this winter.

Anozira

WKR
My old man works for a contractor currently building houses on San Carlos Res. right now. He has to stop every single morning to have his temperature taken, no covid symptoms etc, to get his "sticker" for the day. They give you small sticker with the San Carlos logo and the current date stamp. If you get stopped you must have your sticker etc. I wonder if one could simply stop to get your sticker for the day and then proceed to go hunting or if they are only giving the stickers for "essential" people. I will have to ask him next time I see him.

fmyth

WKR
I have a elk tag for this weekend and just got off the phone with Tim Stephens the wildlife director. They are open for hunting. Text me at 480-628-3110 and I will give you Tim's cell number.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
I have a elk tag for this weekend and just got off the phone with Tim Stephens the wildlife director. They are open for hunting. Text me at 480-628-3110 and I will give you Tim's cell number.
Awesome man. Really appreciate it, text incoming