Sanctuary 1.0 & 2.0 comparison

K7GSXR750

FNG
What I've noticed from the 1.0 version to the 2.0. Overall I think the 2.0 is a large step in the right direction towards improving this model line. The upgraded hood to the turret style, more athletic cut which cut down on garment bulk and using the same material as the catalyst are awesome. Really my only large complaint is the inner flap that sits behind the zipper inside the jacket and bibs when it's zipped to keep wind from penetrating the zipper. On the 1.0 this flap was a wider semi stiff material that could never get caught in the zipper. If memory serves me correctly this was on both the jacket and bibs.. What is on the 2.0 is narrower but the material on it is looser and is the same as the jackets shell material. This material gets caught in the zipper kind of easy so you have to watch when using the zippers on both the jacket and bibs.

Something I didn't notice on the 1.0 but have on the 2.0 is the hood and waist cinch release buttons are outline stitched in FL orange to identify their locations I assume.... I may have missed something but I think I touched on everything but then again this is just my observations on the differences. I look forward to testing the 2.0 in the same conditions late season as I have the 1.0 the last couple years.

Changes:
-Zippers on the front of the jacket and legs of the bibs have changed from the traditional metal ones to the same as the catalyst for both the jacket and the bibs. The rest of the zippers are the same as the 1.0.
-The shell material is the same as the catalyst.
-Less bulky and more athletically cut.
-The hood follows suit with the turret style the catalyst has so you can now see substantially better out of the sides when it's up.
-Quick release buckles on the shoulder straps.
-The thigh pockets on the bibs are larger and have a more robust closure flap on them now.
-Non detachable hood.
-Larger zip pocket on the breast of the bibs.
-No longer a full zipper from the fly to the top of the bibs in front, only a normal fly zipper now.
-No full butt zipper only the side of the legs zip now.
-Substantially less slick nylon material on the inside of the jacket, replaced by more fleece material. Only two small sections inside of the jacket have the slick nylon material. If I remember correctly the 1.0 bibs had some of this slick material in the legs too, the 2.0 bibs have none of this material in the legs.
-Zip pass through in the jacket to access the built in hand warmer pouch in the breast of the bibs, same as the solitude.
-Jacket cuffs are constructed the same as the catalyst jacket with the top half the normal jacket material and the bottom half the stretchy material to keep it closed around your wrist. If you own a catalyst jacket you know what I mean on this.

Features that remain:
-Nice insulated hand pockets on the jacket with the wrist closer to keep the cold out of the pocket.
-Mesh pocket on the lumbar section of the inside of the jacket which I've dubbed the kidney warmer pocket or that's what I use it for when the temps dip below the teens I slip a few warmers in this long pouch.
-Nice wide heavy duty shoulder straps on the bibs.
-Thigh pockets on the bibs.
-Back of the jacket dips lower to cover more of your lower back while sitting.
-Two inner mesh pockets one on each side of the jacket, one zip and one elastic retention opening.
-One regular zipper and one directional lock zipper on each side of the bibs.
-Extra waist velcro cinch straps on the bibs.
-Zip pocket on the breast of the bibs.
-The jacket waist cinch cords are still in the outer hand pockets.
-Safety harness pass through in the jacket.

Attachments

• FL jacket.jpg
    FL jacket.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 34
  • FL zipper.jpg
    FL zipper.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 34
  • FL bibs.jpg
    FL bibs.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 33

Kotaman

WKR
Thanks for the update. I’m kicking around trying the 2.0. If I remember right the 1.0 bibs ran small. The jacket is fairly generous. I actually sized down on the 1.0 jacket. Sounds like the 2.0 jacket is more “athletic cut”. How are the bibs fit on the 2.0?