Sand bags. What do you like?

I am looking to upgrade from a tube sock filled with media to an actual shooting specific product.

I have had the Armageddon products recommended to me but I can't bring myself to carry an 8.5 lbs into the mountains.

What do you recommend? Cheaper is better...

I am looking to upgrade from a tube sock filled with media to an actual shooting specific product.

I have had the Armageddon products recommended to me but I can't bring myself to carry an 8.5 lbs into the mountains.

Had this one for a while, pretty versatile. https://www.tabgear.com/products/str8laced-rear-bag

Recently picked up a pint-sized game changer from AG with git-lite fill that is about a lb and is really versatile. I'll probably pack this on day hunts this year. https://www.armageddongear.com/Pint-Sized-Game-Changer™_p_136.html

Edit: the one slowelk posted above is a good choice for a rear bag.

RyanC

WKR
I just went through this process and ended up ordering the Crosstac ultralight squeeze bag for taking with me on hunts. I haven't been able to use it yet as I just received it but it's another option for ya. That Hunters Wedge Bag by Long Range Only looks pretty slick though if willing to spend the $$. May end up with that if the Crosstac doesn't work out.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
B60AF14A-AEC3-45FE-952F-3ADFDF3533A7.jpeg
AG pint sized game changer with git lite fill. I have a heavy one too for matches. Rear, front, over a log, on a rail of a treestand, slapped on a tripod. Lots of adjustment up and down when it’s under the butt. 1 pound.

Iv had a number of rear only bags, the versatility of the pint sized gamechanger is worth it. Its a do all bag that dosnt give up much of anything in the rear. I actually prefer it to some of the lighter weight options if tried like the traust mini.

archp625

WKR

Are you wanting a rear "sand bag" and shoot off a bipod?

If you are check out the wedge getlite from longrangeonly.com. Super lightweight and built so dang tough. I used one all year and cannot wait to take it out this season.

OP
F
Are you wanting a rear "sand bag" and shoot off a bipod?

If you are check out the wedge getlite from longrangeonly.com. Super lightweight and built so dang tough. I used one all year and cannot wait to take it out this season.

Sorry, I should have specified. This will be a front bag. I don't like using a bipod with this particular rifle.

Oregonboy

WKR
I went with ELR rear bags after reading all the buzz on snipershide. They’re pretty solid and have terrific customer service.

Big Ern

WKR
I have quite a few bags. Game changer is nice.

if weight is an issue check out Sand Sock Gear. They weigh almost nothing. On hunts where long Range shots are a real possibility, I will often attach a medium size bag to my pack via carabiner. Crazy light bag.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Tab Gear as mentioned above, I use a stra8laced bag, weighs approx 7 ounces, never tried it with git lite fill. Solid bag for my use.

I’ve had a str8laced since before they got the design (was originally a design of Specialized Dynamics’). I prefer my old TAB bag or even older RedTac “half pint” for an actual rear bag on the rifle. The str8laced bag usually comes along attached to my rear belt loop as a glassing pad or seat for coyote stands.