Sanibel,fl guide recommendations

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a fishing guide in the Sanibel, fl area? I will be going on vacation there in august and am trying to find someone good. Thanks I’m advance

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
There's a national park there with a funny name.

There's some fun fishing in there.

Summer is snook on the beach time. Don't really need a guide for that.
I was thinking about bringing along and tryin out the beach… might have to go through with it

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Norm Ziegler's is the fly shop on Sanibel. Great spot with a lot of gear etc. Buy some of his schminnow flies.

Island Pizza near Norm's for excellent pizza and cold beer.

Capt Blake Matherly is a great guide and just plain nice guy. He can run spin or fly trips. I'm a fly fisherman so I can only comment based on that experience. Very nice flats boat. He'll put you on snook, possibly tarpon and plenty of jacks which can be good fun if the other fish aren't biting.
Capt Blake: 239-671-5646

There's also decent wade fishing at sunrise for snook. You'll find them in the surf on most beaches. The western Captiva beaches are particularly good. You're stalking them essentially, trying to spot them and get a cast in before they spook. 7-8wt rod and Norm's schminnow fly is all you need. No high stick trout sets, practice your saltwater hook set. :)