Santuary 2.0

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with the 2.0? I'm curious to know how much the new windproof membrane helps. I sold my last set because it wasn't as wind proof as I needed.

I chatted with one of the FL representatives and they said it was a significant improvement, but by how much they don't have any data points. They don't have the technology in any of there other pieces currently either.

Thanks!

H80Hunter

WKR
Not to be a smart ass but they just released it and I don’t think we’ve hit sanctuary temps yet…

True, just got mine, not hunting season yet, or cold enough to try out. I'm guessing till after Season to get any real opinions on it, since it just came out.

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping there might be a First Lite rep on here. I know they were hunting in the new camo pattern last fall. But yeah I get it lol

H80Hunter

WKR
Also how’s the collar? Some of the videos made it look pretty challenging to imagine shooting a bow with that hood/collar up high.

The collar is too high, and the hood is not removable like the Solitude, my two gripes about the sanctuary. Regardless how cold t is, my opinion. bowhunters don't want a big collar and hood. A good Furnace beanie and balaclava is all a bowhunter needs that will not interfere with your anchor and string. There are cinch cords to tighten it up some, but for now I'll probably fold the collar under and just leave the hood off. Have considered taking it to a tailor and having it modified, as for the collar and hood only seem like a nice feature for strictly gun hunting.

Here's my review on it in another thread towards the bottom.

Sorry but I feel like when I'm hunting cold Temps in Wisconsin, I NEED full containment around my face, I double neck gaiters 1 light, 1 heavy and a beanie all go under my hood on the OG Sanctuary. Not always zipped up all the way though.. Gotta learn how to shoot with it all on, time in the stand is what kills bucks here.

Don't really have issues with needing a hood or collar for the cold. Personally hate anything too big around my neck or a big bulky hood when bowhunting. For the cold a furnace beanie topped with a winter cap with earflaps at the most, along with a good balaclava to cover neck and face. And if a shot opportunity arises, I pull the face portion down, for a good anchor, which fits tight around the neck, unlike a big coat collar and don't have all the bulk of a hood there either. Might just be me but can't stand anything bulky around my head or neck.

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Where is your anchor point? A facemask/beanie interfere with my shot more than something around my neck, I liked the full hood for Northern MN.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where is your anchor point? A facemask/beanie interfere with my shot more than something around my neck, I liked the full hood for Northern MN.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Can't see where a beanie would interfere with anyone's anchor as it covers the top of the head and at the most to the bottom of my ear lope. Which gives me room to anchor with my index knuckle behind jaw bone in the pocket under the ear lope, directly to area. vs through the hood.

Now I can understand a facemask interfering, but stated I use a balaclava, neck gaiter type and pull it down for a shot, where it stays close around the neck, vs a big collar at the neck, where my whole lower face from chin and mouth area ( string to corner of mouth) to area behind jaw and under ear ( for hand anchor) are exposed for a direct on skin contact.

I know I've read many complaints about the big collar, and even read a few misses because of the bowstring catching it, so it's not just me with this view. Even if I cinch the collar real tight the cinch straps hang in the way of the bowstring, where they need a way to secure them from dangling. I realize it can work for bowhunters if you cinch down the collar real tight and keep the cords out of the way, but can understand others having issues with it too. I just think one using this jacket has to be very diligent of the collar position at all times, because the sharper down shots is where this collar will interfere, say if one was to loosen it up as the day warmed for ventilation. So I'd rather not have the big collar if given a choice, so it wouldn't be an issue regardless it's position during a hunt.

Here's the closest pic I could find of my similar anchor with similar hood and collar, don't want to anchor my hand through the hood like that and want the string area on lower mouth and chin area exposed where the collar can come into play and get in the way especially on downward shots.
first lite.jpgespecially

Last edited: