Saran wrap Dispenser

rbljack

WKR
My wife themed my Christmas around meat processing. I typically wrap meat in plastic wrap first, and then use the freezer paper over that for freezing meat. The biggest PITA about it managing and cutting the saran wrap. So one of the gifts she got me for xmas that was a fairly inexpensive gift was this saran wrap dispenser/cutter. I just finished a 25 batch of salami, and used the saran wrap dispenser/cutter for the first time. Although my experience with it is limited, it was MONEY for keeping the saran wrap manageable and easy to cut/use. It has suction cups that hold on the counter top. Pull out the length you need and slide the cutter across for a clean cut. Worked well! The other nice thing: its relatively small and easy to store when not needed. The suction cups are removeable if you wanted to mount it on a wall.

Here is a link for anyone interested:

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing. This is being added to my list of things to buy before next year.

This fall when I was buying saran wrap for processing I stumbled across a brand that had that little sliding plastic cutter right on the box. That cutter was a game changer. The suction feet on this will be most welcomed.

OP
R

rbljack

WKR
you bet. I was pulling the roll straight up with both hands and suction cups were holding in case you were wondering. and yes...the slide cutter is a game changer. It cuts in both directions too....so cut one way, wrap your meat. Then pull more saran wrap, and slide the cutter back in the opposite direction and it cuts again.

FLAK

WKR
I had a monster roll of saran wrap in a box with the cutter on the box. Worked great. Now if I can just remember where I got it. Finally ran out after years.

That’s a pretty good piece of equipment for a diy home processor. Mine is a commercial grade (of course) and uses a heat bar to cut the plastic and then a heat pad to help seal the plastic tighter. My plastic is also heavier duty than the common Saran Wrap though I have used that in a pinch many times.