Saskatchewan Moose

buckslayer85

Lil-Rokslider
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done a guided moose hunt in Saskatchewan and what your thoughts are on it. Looking for a good moose and just looking for information if Saskatchewan can be a good place to get one.

Thanks

Following this one. I was booked on a moose hunt there many years ago but had to cancel. We saw lots of moose when we went bear hunting there! Would love to go back.

drmikeyj

FNG
I spent 6 days in the middle of Saskatchewan moose hunting this past October. 1 moose was seen (and killed) out of 6 hunters. Unfortunately I was one of the 5 that froze my ass off for 6 days and didn’t even see a moose.

The area we went with an outfitter I feel has been over hunted for too many years. It wasn’t for lack of trying. We hunted hard each day and covered a ton of miles on the river by boat and waking on land. Just no moose

I spent 6 days in the middle of Saskatchewan moose hunting this past October. 1 moose was seen (and killed) out of 6 hunters. Unfortunately I was one of the 5 that froze my ass off for 6 days and didn’t even see a moose. The area we went with an outfitter I feel has been over hunted for too many years. It wasn’t for lack of trying. We hunted hard each day and covered a ton of miles on the river by boat and waking on land. Just no moose

Doesn't that suck. I hate that. Outfitters talk & talk & talk about animals that don't exist. Hunting is disappointing. I hunted 6 days for Moose, only saw 1 Moose that was over 300 yards. The outfitter felt bad, and offered me more time in the woods. I rearranged my entire work schedule, fought with the wife, and finally got a Moose. I just shot the first Moose I saw. Big fat cow. Sure I wanted a bull, but I was happy with any Moose.

miloak

FNG
Depends on your definition of a good moose, but I would say no. Good moose are getting scarce everywhere.

If you're happy with any moose, look to the east.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk