Saturday was New Bow Day!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Woohoo! Saturday was New Bow Day! And there is nothing better than that new bow smell. I commissioned this beauty from master bowyer, Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows for my Gould's turkey hunt in Mexico next spring. It was supposed to get here today but, surprise, it arrived early! I cannot be more pleased with how it turned out. A big shout out to Mike Pyeatt at Rosewood Archery Products for supplying the wood for this piece of art. This is Mr. Dunnaway's Mariah model. It is a two piece takedown recurve that is 54" long and pulls 53# @ 28". The riser is birdseye maple with a kingwood I-beam. It has a hard maple limb core with kingwood veneer. The handle wrap is beaver tail. I shot it for the first time yesterday and it shoots as good as it looks! Squirrel season opens this coming Saturday and I am confident that this new bow will get broken in then.

Darren

xvWZ7oF.jpg

JaTBUUR.jpg

tvt8tjL.jpg

RzPHfE6.jpg

RA0fZTG.jpg

GZy77nM.jpg

Rgvm81E.jpg

08EKm8X.jpg

aGAg9km.jpg

FqlCdEh.jpg

FBYhepR.jpg

2BESGla.jpg

Beautiful looking bow! I’ve heard a lot of good things about Wild Horse Creek Bows. The craftsmanship speaks for itself. Would like to be able to shoot one soon