Sausage stuffer reccomendations

Pgohil

WKR
Tired of using my jerky cannon to stuff sausage and want to buy a stuffer. Not looking for high end, but not ultra basic or junk.

I would appreciate everyone's recommendation.

Thanks.

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I have LEM with 15 lb capacity. Only complaint is I wish it were bigger. It works really well.

I wouldn't get any less than 15lb capacity.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

WKR
Man I only got the LEM 5lb and I wish that was bigger. I haven't had any problems with my LEM but I do wish I had a bigger hopper.

Azone

WKR
I got a 33lb vertical stuffer for around 500 dollars a few years back and it was worth every penny. I recommend all steel gears and purchase a couple extra gaskets for the piston, nothing like having a gasket rip with 150lbs needing to be stuffed, the neighbors heard some very colorful language that evening.
All my sausage recipes are based off of 25lbs of meat so by the time you add wine or water or jalapenos and cheese or whatever else your heart desires you will have enough room to get it all with one shot in a 30 plus pound canister.
I also recommend buying the biggest stuffing tube you can find for it, for stuffing burger meat into plastic ground meat bags. Get the little tape dispenser/cutter and bags from LEM, I cant remember what the dispenser cost but the bags were 30 or 40 dollars for a 1000 if memory serves me right. Very easy and fast way to put burger in the freezer.
I do about 1500 to 2000 pounds of sausage a year between helping family and friends with their deer and elk or making sausage out of domestic meat for parties that family and friends are throwing, so the big stuffer is a time saver for me.

I have an 11lb hakka i got off Amazon for around $100. I've used it to stuff 40 to 50lbs a year for the past 4 years and have had no issues with it. If i were making a lot more i may have gone higher end but it works great for what i do.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I've been looking at the hakja. Have you had any issues with quality, or cleaning?

I'd say mine will only be used a few times a year and probably in batches of ten pounds or so so I think that really might work well.

Vids

WKR
I have a LEM 5lb and agree with the above statements about getting a bigger one. I do 1-2 animals per year, elk being the biggest and I think a 15lb would work fine for me. It just gets annoying having to constantly repack it with meat. LEM makes good products though.

I bought 15L stuffer off ebay.3 years ago for about 350$ that thing has been a hoss. Making 200lb brats packing a beef worth of burger and prob 10-15 domestic hogs worth of sausage that dude has hen a STUD. All metal gears too. LEM was overpriced for me for the little dinky stuffers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've been looking at the hakja. Have you had any issues with quality, or cleaning?

I'd say mine will only be used a few times a year and probably in batches of ten pounds or so so I think that really might work well.

No issues whatsoever, I'd buy it again if i had it to do over.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I've been stuffing with my Cabelas 1HP grinder for the last 10 years or so. It gets the job done, but much slower than a stuffer. I recently purchased a small stuffer from Sausage Maker but have yet to try it out. I know I will probably wish I bought a bigger one, but my neighbor butchers commercially and said he reaches for the smaller one more than the bigger one, and its easier to store and clean. I am sure I will be happy regardless.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Anyone have any experience with the grinder/stuffer combos?

Don’t do it! Seriously, although it “can” stuff as well as grind, it’s not designed for it. There is not near enough pressure, nor is it an in-line flow which makes it painfully slow. Get a separate, specific stuffer. You will be glad you did

Man I only got the LEM 5lb and I wish that was bigger. I haven't had any problems with my LEM but I do wish I had a bigger hopper.
Same here. I bought the right grinder from LEM but I got cheap on the stuffer and got the 5 lb. it works great but dang what pain reloading that thing. I run 20-25 lbs batches so once I get the stuffer fund built back up the Im getting a 25 or 30 lb stuffer. Once in a while I run a small batch of pork sausage of some kind so its not a wasted purchase but dang I sure wouldn't recommend anyone buy a smaller one than 20-35 lbs. They arent cheap so wait for a sale.

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t do it! Seriously, although it “can” stuff as well as grind, it’s not designed for it. There is not near enough pressure, nor is it an in-line flow which makes it painfully slow. Get a separate, specific stuffer. You will be glad you did
This is what I expected but just wanted to check. I plan to do about 25lbs at a time 2ish times a year.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Walton's 11 lbs sausage stuffer and have made about 100 lbs of sausage and snack sticks using it. It can be done by one person, but having a second pair of hands makes the process so much quicker

jmez

WKR
I've been stuffing with my Cabelas 1HP grinder for the last 10 years or so. It gets the job done, but much slower than a stuffer. I recently purchased a small stuffer from Sausage Maker but have yet to try it out. I know I will probably wish I bought a bigger one, but my neighbor butchers commercially and said he reaches for the smaller one more than the bigger one, and its easier to store and clean. I am sure I will be happy regardless.
Your going to be mad that you have been using a grinder for 10 years to stuff!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk