Sausage stuffer

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to buy a 15 pound manual crank sausage stuffer. Two choice are the Lem and the Meat Your Maker models. About $100 difference in price after current promo codes are applied. I like the fact you can buy the Lem with stainless stuffing tubes. The tubes for the 15 pound stuffer have a 2 inch base.
1. Will the Lem stainless tubes fit on the MYM stuffer?
2. In general how does the quality compare between the two brands?

WildBoose

FNG
I cannot speak on the comparison, but I bought the LEM 15lber and have been very pleased with it so far. I am a LEM customer and usually buy their products over the competition, I've been please with their lineup.

look at the hakka brand, been using one for two years now does a good job and it came with 4 different stuffing tube that are stainless steel.

svivian

WKR
I have the meat your maker and the plastic tubes i have had no issues with for summer sausage to snack sticks. Also they are now running their 25% off sale

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the meat your maker and the plastic tubes i have had no issues with for summer sausage to snack sticks. Also they are now running their 25% off sale
LEM is also having 25% off
44d392af91ef20e750e07fb07455ac57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
LEM is also having 25% off
44d392af91ef20e750e07fb07455ac57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
if that is the case i would buy a larger stuffer more than I would worry about the plastic stuffing components. The Meat! is a 15lb capacity for the manual and I wish it was a 25lb instead.... regardless of brand

All your seasoning mixes you buy are usually for 25lbs of meat.

Last edited:

MThuntr

WKR
Buy the biggest sausage stuffer you can afford though realistically 15lb is a good size. I have a 5lb stuffer and it is such a pain especially by yourself.

Also if you have the budget get a meat mixer...I've gotten better consistency since I've bought mine. Kind of a pain to clean but such is life.

Buy the biggest sausage stuffer you can afford though realistically 15lb is a good size. I have a 5lb stuffer and it is such a pain especially by yourself.

Also if you have the budget get a meat mixer...I've gotten better consistency since I've bought mine. Kind of a pain to clean but such is life.
+1 on folding the meat, especially if your adding high temp cheese..I just steal the wife's mixer from the kitchen..as long as clean it and put it back she doesn’t seem to mind...YMMV

WKR
I think I have a 5 pound LEM. I tend to do smaller batches more often so it works well for me. Reminds me I need to make some more stuff soon.

OP
S

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
I called MYM yesterday morning to ask them about the tubes, wasn’t able to talk to anyone. So then I emailed them, no response as of the time I am posting this. At this point decided to ditch the MYM idea and stick with the Lem 15 pounder. I already have the Lem 5 pounder and decided I wanted the larger size. I will check out the Hakka stuffers before going back to Lem.
MYM has some great prices. But if they want my money they need to be more responsive with their customer service.
Appreciate the feedback

Last edited:

ryansean

FNG
I had some questions about the grinders and just called Meat and got through to someone who answered my questions. He said if I had any more to call back and they'd help. Maybe just timing I hope. He seemed knowledgeable and answered everything.

OP
S

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
MYM still never answered me. Glad I found out how they operate before buying from them. Fluke, or not. It’s all I have to go on.

OP
S

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
25% off promo from Lem and free shipping if you spend $300 or more!
15 pound stuffer ordered.
PS: MYM never did respond to either of my emails.

I’m in the same boat, but may do the MTM as even with the discount it’s a pretty big difference. I’m just starting out, so need to buy a grinder as well.

Bought the MTM 15lb stuffer and 3/4 hp grinder during their Black Friday sale. Looking forward to processing my own venison/pork and making my own sausages. Wife is less thrilled about the idea. Lol.

afilko

FNG
Don't know how the quality has changed but my dad has been using a Cabelas stuffer for at least 15 years now. We run at least 200lb of meat through it every year with the only parts needing replacement is the seal around the plunger, and its $100 less than the Meat one

Gone4Days

WKR
Whatever you buy, get one with metal gears instead of plastic. I have broken a plastic geared stuffer before when cranking. I use a Weston now with metal gears.