Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

wapitibob

WKR
I submitted mine this morning before reading this. Im sure mine will get rejected now since I just included the receipt I had when ordering online and not the pick slip. Anyone know if I can modify the rebate submission before they look at it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They will send a resubmittal link with the rejection notice. That link will have your current pics and allow you to add more.
My original submittal included the box end pic showing upc and all order correspondence with cabelas. Resubmittal included the following as well as my explanation that page 4 pic clearly showed payment and the pick slip showed I picked up the correct rifle and that "pick slip" was the only "receipt" a customer gets when ordering and paying online. I'll do as Ucs suggested and call savage if I get kicked again.

Attachments

• page 4.jpg
    page 4.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 88
  • page 5.jpg
    page 5.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 82

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
We picked up a 110 Storm for my wife and submitted the rebate and included the packing slip, online order confirmation, a copy of the order receipt that we had the store give us along with the UPC/box pictures they asked for as well. This was submitted back at the end of Nov and we revived a rejection notice mid-Dec with the same online notice, which means that whoever reviewed our submission did't LOOK at the documents we submitted.

I called in on the rebate line and the gal looked it over and she said she could see all of the required documentation and sent it back for review. We don't have any update yet but I'll be call back in on it later this week to check status.

My take aways so far:
  • Only upload image files for the rebate, and make sure they are really clear because they get converted to straight black and white. PDF's are converted to images as well and if they have extra pages they get dumped in and can confuse the issue.
  • Put a note with GIANT BOLD TEXT on each image/pic that says what it is (UPC/PACKING SLIP/ In-Store Reciept etc). That way whoever is reviewing the rebate would have to be trying REALLY hard to not see what each image is for.
  • Edit: Oh, and this is a giant PITA!

Last edited:

MHWASH

WKR
I received notice on 12/28 that my rebate has been approved. I don't remember when I sent in the rebate, sometime after the 21st.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got my gun! I had my driver's license renewed 12/23, my gun came in 12/24. My state no longer puts a picture on the temporary driver's license, so I have been stuck waiting for my new license to come in the mail so I could pick my gun up.

The gun looks fine, no scratches or problems. Now it looks like I get to have fun with the rebate process!

I finally got my gun! I had my driver's license renewed 12/23, my gun came in 12/24. My state no longer puts a picture on the temporary driver's license, so I have been stuck waiting for my new license to come in the mail so I could pick my gun up.

The gun looks fine, no scratches or problems. Now it looks like I get to have fun with the rebate process!
Dont they accept other forms of picture id? Like a CHL?

Well I ordered my 300 WM on 17 Dec basically the day this thread was created. I FINALLY got a notice my rifle has ‘shipped’.

After reading other Rok members have had their rifle shipped and what not I’ve called Cabelas a few times over the course of 3 weeks trying to ascertain a status other than processing. A Staff member(s) would say it’s shipping Wednesday and come Monday it’s still processing. Just clueless...

I sure as hell better not be dealing with incompetent people working at the Savage Arms Rebate Dept.

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered mine online and was notified after 3 days that the rebate was approved. I just submitted a screen shot of the cabelas email that said the rifle was picked up that had the price, tax and credit card charge confirmation. It seemed easy and straightforward to me.

Attachments

• 20210107_201007.jpg
    20210107_201007.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 69

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
Dont they accept other forms of picture id? Like a CHL?
Has to be government issued photo ID. I don't have a passport or military ID, so my other option would have been to go get a state ID card, which would have taken just as long as my driver's license. Last September they changed the temporary driver's license to a from without a picture. Prior to that they always had a picture on them...that would have worked. Crappy timing, learned a lesson...have the gun now.

Well I ordered my 300 WM on 17 Dec basically the day this thread was created. I FINALLY got a notice my rifle has ‘shipped’.

After reading other Rok members have had their rifle shipped and what not I’ve called Cabelas a few times over the course of 3 weeks trying to ascertain a status other than processing. A Staff member(s) would say it’s shipping Wednesday and come Monday it’s still processing. Just clueless...

I sure as hell better not be dealing with incompetent people working at the Savage Arms Rebate Dept.

Oh, hell yeah. I ordered mine on the 18th. Same story with customer service. I haven’t heard anything yet and I was on the verge of giving up on it. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, hell yeah. I ordered mine on the 18th. Same story with customer service. I haven’t heard anything yet and I was on the verge of giving up on it. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Oregon Bow Hiker you and me both. I had wrote them off.

I was all jazzed about getting one for a stellar price but as the days turned into weeks my excitement turned into despair 😂 😂 😂

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
@Oregon Bow Hiker you and me both. I had wrote them off.

I was all jazzed about getting one for a stellar price but as the days turned into weeks my excitement turned into despair
Glad to hear. I also ordered on the 18th. Customer service keeps telling me it'll ship soon and they were still trying to catch up from Black Friday.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I ordered mine online and was notified after 3 days that the rebate was approved. I just submitted a screen shot of the cabelas email that said the rifle was picked up that had the price, tax and credit card charge confirmation. It seemed easy and straightforward to me.

that’s what I sent the first time along with the box end showing Upc etc. I’m guessing they got bitched at enough that they started looking and seeing the cc charge on that paper.

Well my Savage Arms purchase finally came full circle minus the approval of my submitted rebate.

I’m glad it all worked out in the end. Now I just have to get some rings and a scope to to see what she’s really made of! 🎯 🦌 🌲 🏔 🐿

Attachments

• 86490220-55CA-45C3-A0B6-6928DB641745.jpeg
    86490220-55CA-45C3-A0B6-6928DB641745.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 67

wapitibob

WKR
I put 8 shots thru mine ( 1/clean, 3/clean, 5/clean) and just pillar bedded it. Probably take it out again tomorrow and see if it was a good idea or a mistake.

Zbot

WKR
I haven’t. I was able to pick up two boxes of 308 when I got mine....also bought a X-Bolt that was marked down since I was already filling out the paperwork so I got a little distracted 😬. The LRH will need a scope unless I put one of my spare Rifleman scopes on it. I have a Trijicon I’m slapping on the Browning.