Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

Finally got my .300 a month later...

Question: I’ve never had to use a 1 piece base on a rifle before, does anyone have any suggestions? Seems like a pretty basic piece, so it’s hard to see differences... thx fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
Finally got my .300 a month later...

Question: I’ve never had to use a 1 piece base on a rifle before, does anyone have any suggestions? Seems like a pretty basic piece, so it’s hard to see differences... thx fellas.

I used a 20 moa rail from warne and threw on a set of $25 weaver grand slam rings. I'll upgrade the rings when I buy a better scope this summer.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
My 6.5x284 coal is about 3.115 with the hornady 140 match and is 3.135 with the barnes 140 burner to the rifling.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
We just got word that after re-submission our rebate was approved.

Cabela's order status never changed from ready to pick up so I re-uploaded a image of the receipt the store printed for us, the packing slip and the box WITH the packing slip. On each of those images I added a block of text that clearly explained what each image was, and that it included order numbers, dates etc AND indicated that the cabela's order was never updated after we picked up the gun.

dye7barrel

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Rebate was approved after sending pickup receipt. Should get a prepaid credit card in 8-weeks or so.

Had a buddy who ordered a rifle after I passed along this deal. He was in the store for 2-hours and walked away frustrated and without a rifle. Cabela's messed up the order and he told them to pound sand. It was the same store that shipped the wrong firearm to a Bass Pro closer to my house.

Guys that are taking the brake off - what are you doing from there? Is a threaded end included with your rifle?

dye7barrel

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Took a bit of heat and elbow grease to get brake off. Wasn't graceful but got it done. I wanted mine off for cleaning so no need for thread protector. If I was running a suppressor or wanted a thread protector I'd spin the barrel off and send to a gunsmith for 5/8x24 threads.

Took a bit of heat and elbow grease to get brake off. Wasn't graceful but got it done. I wanted mine off for cleaning so no need for thread protector. If I was running a suppressor or wanted a thread protector I'd spin the barrel off and send to a gunsmith for 5/8x24 threads.

Ok so it is threaded 5/8x34 from the factory instead of 5/8x24?

Thats the term i was looking for - I don't think it was supposed to come with a thread protector, but might be interested in putting one on. Aside from being a heavy, it is also LONG - this could shorten it, hopefully on the cheap.

I finally got mine set up - I wanted to keep this on the less expensive side, so I bought a used gen 1 6-24x50 FFP pst, used 20 moa egw rail and some vortex tactical rings. She isn’t going to be a lightweight backcountry rifle, but I really like it. Trigger adjusted down to a nice 1.5lbs. BTW - Love how easy it was to increase the LOP and the cheek piece. Fits like a glove now.
AEBC5174-E451-440B-8628-419130A0F163.jpeg

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Finally picked my 6.5-284 up yesterday. Mine was scratched to hell and back near the trigger guard. They offered me to swap it straight up for either a 110 Ultralight, 110 High Country or $100 gift card. The High Country was really tempting...sharp looking gun but they didn't have any calibers in either one that I was interested in. Took the $100. To my surprise I had a hell of time spending it. Obviously ammo and reloading stuff was non existent. Didn't have any bases to fit it or rings that I wanted either.

Finally picked my 6.5-284 up yesterday. Mine was scratched to hell and back near the trigger guard. They offered me to swap it straight up for either a 110 Ultralight, 110 High Country or $100 gift card. The High Country was really tempting...sharp looking gun but they didn't have any calibers in either one that I was interested in. Took the $100. To my surprise I had a hell of time spending it. Obviously ammo and reloading stuff was non existent. Didn't have any bases to fit it or rings that I wanted either.
They offers a 110UL??? with the carbon barrel? I would go back and take that offer in a heartbeat.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Yah if it was an offer for the carbon barreled ul. I would have taken it in any flavor...

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the UL w/ the carbon barrel. I think she said they only had it in 270 and 308. I just have no interest in those calibers. It crossed my mind to take it and then flip it. I would have jumped on a 28 Nosler or 280 AI. Dumb or not...I was really looking forward to playing with the 6.5x284.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yeah the UL w/ the carbon barrel. I think she said they only had it in 270 and 308. I just have no interest in those calibers. It crossed my mind to take it and then flip it. I would have jumped on a 28 Nosler or 280 AI. Dumb or not...I was really looking forward to playing with the 6.5x284.
An ul 270 would be a badass mountain gun!