Savage 110 Storm - Brief Range Trip

Backstory: Ordered T3X SL in 6.5 CM to use as a practice gun. Gun came in but had to wait 3+ hours inline just to pick it up so I cancelled the order. Used a gift card at a different vendor and picked up a Savage 110 Storm in 6.5 CM. Got a smoking deal on a new VX5HD so went that route.

The setup is a Savage 110 Storm in 6.5 CM, DNZ Game Reaper (20 MOA), and Leopold VX5-HD (3-15x44). This rifle will be used for practice and potentially a loaner rifle for hunting. The setup weights 8 pounds 7.65 ounces unloaded.

I was able to sneak in a very short visit to the range. It was 100 degrees when I got there. Got the rifle on paper at 25 yards in short order. Quick adjustment at 100 yards got me close to a zero. Due to the short amount of time, I left it "close enough" as I will be zeroing the rifle at 200 yards. I'll also be adjusting the trigger to lighten it up. Between the trigger adjustments and giving the barrel enough time to cool off, my 3-shot groups should improve. Will also chronograph the commercial loads at a future date when I have more time.

IMG_4603.jpeg

It shoots the commercial 143 gr ELD-X decently. I have 10 boxes so it'll be shooting it for the time being. I shot three 3-shot groups. This is a representative 3-shot group. The first two shots were always close with the 3rd shot about .5-.6" away.
IMG_4601.jpeg

Did a quick 3-shot group with commercial 147 gr ELD-M just to see how it did. Once I use up my ELD-X, I'll just use this ammo going forward. This was the last 3-shot group of the visit and my barrel was very hot. Curious to see how it'll do with a cold bore.
IMG_4605.jpeg