Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Apollo117

WKR
Those are tanks! Great stocks, but not great for lw
That's the truth. I think one or two of his models are close to 32-35 oz finished though. The Thumbhole model is listed at 28-32oz. I don't own a Thumbhole, so I can't say if the listing is accurate.

renagde

WKR
My local gun shop doesn't have any of these in stock but he told me he thinks the going price will be around $1000 for them. He was saying he has no idea how anyones making money at that price.

tdhanses

WKR
My local gun shop doesn't have any of these in stock but he told me he thinks the going price will be around $1000 for them. He was saying he has no idea how anyones making money at that price.

Proof probably has a 4 or 5x’s markup ober their cost. Savage probably has $200 in materials and labor costs, my guess is it’s costing them around $500 or $600 to produce.

renagde

WKR
Proof probably has a 4 or 5x’s markup ober their cost. Savage probably has $200 in materials and labor costs, my guess is it’s costing them around $500 or $600 to produce.
If a machine shop runs at $50 per hour, that would only be 3 hours to produce a rifle and barrel. Seems pretty slim

tdhanses

WKR
If a machine shop runs at $50 per hour, that would only be 3 hours to produce a rifle and barrel. Seems pretty slim

Yeah but this is a large manufacture with its own equipment and labor force putting out thousands of parts, savage isn’t a small machine shop.

Also their cost for proof barrels has to be pretty cheap compared to the retail market.

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve handled these rifles at a couple of the recent industry shows. The new management team at Savage is a very squared away group that’s putting serious effort into the details on new models. This model is distinctly nicer than previous 110s. Triggers are great and the adjustability in the stock is excellent. I ordered one for my son as something that allows for growth. The fore-ends are a little flexible, but better than earlier versions of the stock. Magazines struck me as very well made with steel bodies and a solid latch mechanism. While the actions are by no means sleek, the work they’ve done to remove excess weight is well executed and seems to make them more attractive. Cycling was very smooth. One customer already has a special run being produced with a camo stock. It’s a winner for approx $1,000!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If they would have just put a decent stock on the damn thing.... those new accustocks, while functional, are hideous looking. That’s just my opinion though.

I like cheap plastic stocks, I don't have to care when I take a chip out of one. This gun would make a great sheep gun just stock the way it is.

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, it's a tool for the mountains. I really like the way the comb is adjustable for height and it comes with all of the required spacers + screws. Well-designed.

brsnow

WKR
I don’t mind the stock, I have read the recoil pad is super soft and tears. I am getting one anyway, but that would be annoying.

BCDeer

FNG
They are available right now only in 30/06 but hopefully the other calibers will be out soon.

Finn16

WKR
I'm wanting to like these and keep coming back to them. The two chamberings I am interested in both have features that bug me - the 22 inch barrel on the 280 AI and the magazine capacity of 2 on the 6.5 PRC. Both will most likely be shooters though.

I'm wanting to like these and keep coming back to them. The two chamberings I am interested in both have features that bug me - the 22 inch barrel on the 280 AI and the magazine capacity of 2 on the 6.5 PRC. Both will most likely be shooters though.
I like the 22 inch barrel on the 280 AI. Perfect for my suppressor I have on order. Will be a perfect backcountry deer and elk rifle.

I like the 22 inch barrel on the 280 AI. Perfect for my suppressor I have on order. Will be a perfect backcountry deer and elk rifle.

This is what I’m thinking. A 22” barrel on a 280ai is not worth it otherwise. May as well stick with a 280 or 7mm-08.