Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

WCB

WKR
I don’t mind the stock, I have read the recoil pad is super soft and tears. I am getting one anyway, but that would be annoying.

I have a bunch of Savage rifles and they do have a very soft " spongy " recoil pad. Never had one tear get a chunk taken out and I've packed my 7 mag all over hell.

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody pick one of these up yet? I got notification from an online seller yesterday that they were in stock, but by the time I got signed into their site they were out of stock.

The 2 round capacity for the 6.5prc is whats going to keep me away from this rifle.
understandably so. when I first heard of this rifle my first inclination was hell yeah! PRC!

Now after thinking it through, i'm going to get it in the creed just for convenience sake, brass is everywhere and cheap, totally mellow to shoot.... the PRC has a cool factor to me, love the concept, but being practical, nothing I shoot would know the difference.

I do think it will be a shooter like every savage I have had is, but I still won't be shooting critters beyond 500yds where I live, you would have to almost go out of your way to do it on purpose, and that ain't me, haha.

I was hell bent on my next rifle being a 257wby, but short of building one, there are no stock rifles that interest me in that cartridge, so i'm going the other direction.... a useful rifle (lightweight/accurate) I have my sako 7mag, and an AR for lion calling, and for the little rifle hunting I do, I don't need much more.

the 6.5creed is a perfect blacktail cartridge, and that new savage is a perfect platform (not gonna ding it up and make it ugly, savage already took care of that for me, haha)

totally not what I thought I would be buying, but in this situation, savage made it easy for me. I will top it with a leupold 3x9 without CDS (maybe their B&C reticle) and will pretty much be set up MPBR... keep it light and simple.

2 round capacity in the PRC is a bit of a fail imo, but if I was getting a PRC, I would still consider it (maybe just carry an extra loaded mag and have it handy)

this rifle is a LOT of rifle for the dough, unbelievable actually

ChrisAU

WKR
Join the cool kids and put one of these on your rifle to hold an extra 2 rounds:

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
That's pretty nifty. Wonder how easy it is to take off and if it leaves any markings if no longer needed.

Typants

FNG
Oh yeah. For the money, and right out of the box, they are hard to beat in that department. I would take an off the rack Savage over any other off the rack US make. I haven't shot a Tikka, so I can't compare against that. Against a Remington or Winchester though? I would choose the Savage.
Not sure what kind of quality control they have, but I got an absolute lemon from savage a few years back. Dealing with customer service was such a nightmare I wouldn't buy one again.

brsnow

WKR
understandably so. when I first heard of this rifle my first inclination was hell yeah! PRC!

Now after thinking it through, i'm going to get it in the creed just for convenience sake, brass is everywhere and cheap, totally mellow to shoot.... the PRC has a cool factor to me, love the concept, but being practical, nothing I shoot would know the difference.

I do think it will be a shooter like every savage I have had is, but I still won't be shooting critters beyond 500yds where I live, you would have to almost go out of your way to do it on purpose, and that ain't me, haha.

I was hell bent on my next rifle being a 257wby, but short of building one, there are no stock rifles that interest me in that cartridge, so i'm going the other direction.... a useful rifle (lightweight/accurate) I have my sako 7mag, and an AR for lion calling, and for the little rifle hunting I do, I don't need much more.

the 6.5creed is a perfect blacktail cartridge, and that new savage is a perfect platform (not gonna ding it up and make it ugly, savage already took care of that for me, haha)

totally not what I thought I would be buying, but in this situation, savage made it easy for me. I will top it with a leupold 3x9 without CDS (maybe their B&C reticle) and will pretty much be set up MPBR... keep it light and simple.

2 round capacity in the PRC is a bit of a fail imo, but if I was getting a PRC, I would still consider it (maybe just carry an extra loaded mag and have it handy)

this rifle is a LOT of rifle for the dough, unbelievable actually

I also changed calibers, going with .308. I already have a 24” 6.5 CM fieldcraft.

Have one ordered (6.5 PRC) and the status is "awaiting fulfillment". Hoping it ships soon.

Did ask Savage about spare magazines. They told me that they use the same ones as the Axis. Would have been nice if they told me the model number.

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I'm a little slow... but these are all based on a long action, aren't they? I know the Savage 110/111/116/etc generally denotes long action and the 10/14/16/etc is short action, but was still thinking at least the 308 and 6.5CM were likely short actions. Looking at Savage's listed overall lengths it appears that every variant available is 42.5" for a 22" bbl model, or 44.5" if it comes with the 24" bbl. Also, everything with a 24" bbl comes in right at 6lbs, whereas the lighter ones (5.8 or 5.85lb) are all 22".

Guess that could be a good thing... and the Axis mags makes sense due to all of them being built on long actions too.

I've been eyeballing these real hard, but am not sure I want a 6.5PRC in a long action if I'm going to be shooting factory ammo. On the flip-side, what I can't wrap my head around now is that the 28 Nosler will be restricted by a 24" bbl and somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.5-3.55" max inside magazine length. And who knows how the chamber is set up (distance to lands, etc.)...

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth saving a few bucks with this Savage (...ok, it's more than a few) or would it be worth it to fork over the cash and have one custom built. Or should I just turn my eyes back over the Barrett Fieldcraft in 7mm-08?

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone able to purchase one of these yet? I’m still waiting on my .280 AI to get in.

I had a chance to handle one in 6.5 Creedmoor today at Scheels. First thought was holy crap this is light. Second thought was the stock definitely seemed to leave some to be desired, but I’ll see how it shoots and such before I decide to upgrade that down the road. Excited to get mine and see how it performs with my suppressor on it.