Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

CORidgeRunner

Lil-Rokslider
"Low stock" for the 280 AI here:

I did buy my Ultralite 6.5 PRC from them. No issues other than the wait.
I just ordered a 110 ultralight in .280ai from them yesterday. Thanks for posting, I was having hell finding one in .280.

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
What base and scope rings did you end up going with. I ordered a 110 ultralight in .280 ai yesterday and should be here in a week or so. I need to get a base and rings ordered.

I went with the EGW 0 MOA HD base and Warne mountain tech rings. The EGW HD series is already drilled for the #8 screws. Really happy with the set up.

I was able to see my PRC today. She's looking pretty good. The 142 gr ABLR, 143 gr ELD-X, and 147 gr ELD-M show a lot of promise. Representative 3-shot group is included in an attached photo (1/4" grid). The 156 gr Bergers did not do as well in comparison. My friend will be making some adjustments to see what he can do to get the Bergers to group.

I do wish the bolt action was smoother like the 110 (Tikka smooth would have been asking for too much) as this one is a bit "rough". Hoping it smooths out over time and use. With that said, no issues getting rounds chambered and sending bullets down range.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished package.

Attachments

• 65_PRC.jpeg
    65_PRC.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 65PRC_group.jpeg
    65PRC_group.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 247
Hey guys - I just ordered a 110 Ultralight in 6.5 Creedmoor and would like to get a muzzle brake contoured to fit the barrel. Can anyone tell me what the outer diameter is at the base of this rifle's muzzle brake threading? The Proof Research website says 0.963 inches but when I called to confirm they weren't very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mine is away getting loads developed for it. However, Savage's site says "Threaded muzzle for 5/8 24 with flush fit cap".

Thanks - I was just trying to figure out the diameter of that "flush fit cap" so that the contour of the muzzle brake seamlessly fits the diameter of the barrel. I appreciate the help though.

505Wapiti

WKR
Thanks - I was just trying to figure out the diameter of that "flush fit cap" so that the contour of the muzzle brake seamlessly fits the diameter of the barrel. I appreciate the help though.
I am in the same boat. I bought an electronic caliper yesterday to measure and have not gotten around to it. I will post measurement hopefully later tonight.

505Wapiti

WKR
.750 in is what I had mine milled down to, fit flush
Bingo... .7450 is what I’m gettin on my cheap calipers. What brake are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never bought a production brake as a local gunsmith here makes his own and is the only one I’ve ever used. I am considering the APA Gen 3 with tunable top ports. Anyone have experience with them?

Fshnpole

FNG
Bingo... .7450 is what I’m gettin on my cheap calipers. What brake are you using if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never bought a production brake as a local gunsmith here makes his own and is the only one I’ve ever used. I am considering the APA Gen 3 with tunable top ports. Anyone have experience with them?

I bought one from Ross Schuler

Ross muzzle brakes

twrob18

FNG
I just got one in 280 AI and my stock weighs 1.83 lbs. The total weight of the rifle is 5.90 lbs on my scale.

Last edited:

505Wapiti

WKR
Making progress, finally got scope mounted but still waffling on brake choice. NF SHV 4-14x56 c522 mounted in Leupold Back country cross slot low rings on a Leopold Mark 4 20moa base. Thought I’d share a pic below, now I just need a little range time 🙂.

FFEA9ACE-A5F5-4009-87F8-B0E82D4AA7E2.jpeg

Eddyzima

FNG
Making progress, finally got scope mounted but still waffling on brake choice. NF SHV 4-14x56 c522 mounted in Leupold Back country cross slot low rings on a Leopold Mark 4 20moa base. Thought I’d share a pic below, now I just need a little range time 🙂.

View attachment 188077
Very nice! Now get it to the range and give us a report!😄