Savage 110 Ultralite Accufit Stock vs Regular Accufit Stock

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
Are these stock interchangeable? Is the only difference the aluminum bedding on the regular accufit stock? I'm about to purchase an Ultralite and I'm considering going ahead and getting a replacement regular accufit stock for the increased rigidity.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Not interchangeable. I attempted this same thing, with an Accufit Accustock take off. The difference is this:
Ultralite only has “Accufit” and has a different recoil lug geometry. It’s a more “full shape” lug.

Other Savage 110 stocks that also have the “Accustock” aluminum bedding block use a slightly smaller recoil lug, both in thickness and width.

So, it’s possible to do, but you need to either grind out the recoil lug channel on the Accustock and then bed it, or swap recoil lugs. If you look around online you can find the appropriate recoil lug for sale, then you would a barrel nut wrench and headspace gauges.

FWIW I decided against actually completing the project for myself.

RPK

FNG
I put mine in an Oryx chassis. The weight went up but boy is there free floating and rigidity in the fore end. See pictures. MDT has quite a few options for this. MDT's HNT looks attaractive but is the price of a new rifle.

Attachments

• R with S-1.jpg
    R with S-1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 23
  • R with S-2.jpg
    R with S-2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 22