Savage 110 Ultralite Accufit Stock

Duckman23

FNG
I just picked one up as well and am interested to see how it shoots. The stock feels good to me and the adjustability is nice to have out of the box. I was a bit concerned about the flex but it seems to be more rigid longitudinally so I suspect that with the bipod contact point /sling swivel it will be ok. I might try to have a buddy record the barrel movement when we go out to zero. If I remember to do it I will post the video for everyone

I just got one in 6.5 prc and it will have to do for now, but I ordered an xlr magnesium chassis to drop it into which i planned to do from the get go. The stock it comes with is indeed flexible and hideous but for the price i think it should work fine for you. If you squeeze it it touches the barrel, not sure if it would effect accuracy but it doesn't matter to me. I wanted a carbon barrel on a lightweight chassis rifle so its gonna be perfect for me once my chassis arrives. Haven't shot it yet but im sure I'll go sight it in before the chassis arrives since its supposedly gonna be up to 2 more months lol
Cameron,

Did you get your XLR yet? I am thinking of putting one on my 280 ai and was wondering your thoughts?

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Ultralite, I was warned by the internet about the stock but still bought it. It's ugly and cheap but the gun works just fine and no contact off a bipod and on angles. I have Christensen Arms rifles, kimbers, built 700s etc... I love this Ultralite in stock form and choose it over the others often.

Last edited:
Cameron,

Did you get your XLR yet? I am thinking of putting one on my 280 ai and was wondering your thoughts?
Unless they're gonna crush my dreams and something came up, im hoping it'll come pretty soon based on their lead time and my order date lol

Have one in 28 nosler and it’s a shooter and have had no issues. It’s an incredibly great gun at that price point and a pleasure to carry all day. Buying another in 6.5 PRC.

Well it arrived yesterday, took 13 weeks but it seems like you gotta wait longer these days for quality stuff, it was worth it to me tho. I could see myself setting up a 300 prc very similarly down the road. Its very nice, gonna take it out on Friday hopefully!

Attachments

• 20210518_093101.jpg
    20210518_093101.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210518_093023.jpg
    20210518_093023.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 100

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Well it arrived yesterday, took 13 weeks but it seems like you gotta wait longer these days for quality stuff, it was worth it to me tho. I could see myself setting up a 300 prc very similarly down the road. Its very nice, gonna take it out on Friday hopefully!
Looks beautiful! What is it weighing in at?

Little over 8lbs without the loaded mag, little over 8.5lbs with 3 rounds in the metal magazine. Could probably make it a little lighter but im happy with it. Wish there was a lighter magazine available for the short magnums, the aluminum curtis customs one is out of stock but its not very much lighter than the metal one anyway

Attachments

• 20210518_104301.jpg
    20210518_104301.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210518_104235.jpg
    20210518_104235.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

OXN939

WKR
I just picked one up as well and am interested to see how it shoots. The stock feels good to me and the adjustability is nice to have out of the box. I was a bit concerned about the flex but it seems to be more rigid longitudinally so I suspect that with the bipod contact point /sling swivel it will be ok. I might try to have a buddy record the barrel movement when we go out to zero. If I remember to do it I will post the video for everyone

Lot of talk about the flimsy Savage plastic stock. Anyone tried glass bedding and then using a dremel to remove some of the material to provide more clearance?

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
Lot of talk about the flimsy Savage plastic stock. Anyone tried glass bedding and then using a dremel to remove some of the material to provide more clearance?
It's been done 2 or 3 YouTube clips on it.
There's also a Ultralite Facebook page. Guys have done it on there too results have never been great.
I tried a B&C stock. Accuracy didn't get any better and didn't like the extra weight from the varmint tactical style stock. So I sold it and back to factory stock shooting .5" groups all day at 100 yards with it.

AKredneck63

Lil-Rokslider
I have one in 30-06 it is amazing. An absolute tack driver. Stock is very rigid and feels great

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving this thread to point out that Savage has clarified their language about the various Accu- stocks on their 110 line. The Ultralight has an AccuFit stock, which is dimensionally the same as an AccuStock but does not come with the aluminum "integral chassis"/bedding block. Supposedly the bedding block would have added a pound to the weight of the rifle, so it was very clearly a tradeoff for the weight (and probably a bit of marketing too; a 6.8# rifle doesnt sound Ultralight to hunters who dont know about the benefits of bedding).

Since the stocks are dimensionally the same, you might be able to find a take-off AccuStock from someone else's gun to replace your AccuFit stock. Something like the one from the High Country would have the aluminum bedding and the wider barrel channel for the carbon sleeve.

forestry

FNG
Reviving this thread to point out that Savage has clarified their language about the various Accu- stocks on their 110 line. The Ultralight has an AccuFit stock, which is dimensionally the same as an AccuStock but does not come with the aluminum "integral chassis"/bedding block. Supposedly the bedding block would have added a pound to the weight of the rifle, so it was very clearly a tradeoff for the weight (and probably a bit of marketing too; a 6.8# rifle doesnt sound Ultralight to hunters who dont know about the benefits of bedding).

Since the stocks are dimensionally the same, you might be able to find a take-off AccuStock from someone else's gun to replace your AccuFit stock. Something like the one from the High Country would have the aluminum bedding and the wider barrel channel for the carbon sleeve.
Just confirm that the action you're using has an accustock-style recoil lug - otherwise you'll have to replace or modify the recoil lug on your action to make it fit an accustock.

541hunter

WKR
The savage ultralight my son shoots, regularly is 3/4 moa groups and my best groups are just under a half. That is with out the bedding block.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Little over 8lbs without the loaded mag, little over 8.5lbs with 3 rounds in the metal magazine. Could probably make it a little lighter but im happy with it. Wish there was a lighter magazine available for the short magnums, the aluminum curtis customs one is out of stock but its not very much lighter than the metal one anyway
Sure you are tracking but there is now from xlr.