Savage 110 ultralite bedding?

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if any of you who own a Savage 110 Ultralite have bed the action? Looking for something to do today or this week. Curious if others have tried. Post pics if you got em!

I thought about this but my .270 shoots bugholes with factory TTSX 130s, dont know if it could shoot any better. How does yours shoot now?

I thought about this but my .270 shoots bugholes with factory TTSX 130s, dont know if it could shoot any better. How does yours shoot now?
I’ve not shot mine yet. I just picked it up last Saturday and still waiting on the vx5 to come in. So far I have federal terminal accent and hornady eldx factory I plan to try. I hope they shoot as well as yours. Most reviews on the ultralite are positive when it comes to accuracy so I’m hopeful.

I’ve not shot mine yet. I just picked it up last Saturday and still waiting on the vx5 to come in. So far I have federal terminal accent and hornady eldx factory I plan to try. I hope they shoot as well as yours. Most reviews on the ultralite are positive when it comes to accuracy so I’m hopeful.
keep us posted, would be great to see before and after bedding performance.

wapitibob

WKR
I did a half ass job on my light weight hunter. I wanted to see what I could get away with around the trigger. There are several little spots on the action and barrel that need filled too that take away from a good clean look. Now that I know what I can get away with I'll dremel about .030 out and redo it filling in around the ejection port. I used jb weld and wouldn't recommend that unless you have some fiberglass fill to thicken it up a bit. I normally use devcon but it's too old and wouldn't set when I did the pillars (washers).

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Found an old link from when I was shooting Savage and bedding them. There are a ton of ways to skin a cat. I have never been OCD about my hunting guns looking perfect, as long as they shoot good. Take what you will.

https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?56044-Bedding-a-rifle-my-way

For Savages, you want to bet the front action screw and recoil lug and the rear action screw and float the tang.

Also, get a putty type epoxy, anything else is too runny. Marine Tex is the best stuff I have found to do the job. I really like the Devcon too though. But, it has to be the putty.

Found an old link from when I was shooting Savage and bedding them. There are a ton of ways to skin a cat. I have never been OCD about my hunting guns looking perfect, as long as they shoot good. Take what you will.

https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?56044-Bedding-a-rifle-my-way

For Savages, you want to bet the front action screw and recoil lug and the rear action screw and float the tang.

Also, get a putty type epoxy, anything else is too runny. Marine Tex is the best stuff I have found to do the job. I really like the Devcon too though. But, it has to be the putty.

I would agree with everything he said but jb weld original works pretty well too. I’ve found the jb weld is a bit thicker than devcon 10110. If it’s a plastic stock drill some holes where your bedded goes to help it mechanically lock so it won’t pull out with the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emhowe

FNG
I just bought a savage 110 ultralite with a carbon proof research barrel. Sadly it was supposed to be chambered in .308 on account of I already own .308 ammo and the nosler is running 3-5 bucks a round. I know little about 28 nosler. Looking for info about the cartridge

Last edited by a moderator:

Tjmcre

FNG
Wish these guns would of had a top bolt release. Way more bottom metal and stock options