Savage 110 Ultralite Issues

Just got my gun back from hydro dipping. Turned out really nice!
b5781d9686d0a10e661d2126f200cccf.jpg
113cc1b6eda8576106e627c8d12b1232.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I love the paint job on your stock or did savage come out with a camo stock.

twrob18

FNG
So I have a 110 ultra light in 6.5 prc I tried the warne M912 that have 8-40 screws. They make about 1/4 turn and that’s it. I went to cabelas, sportsman, and a local shop. Nobody had anything and couldn’t get these to work. They tried there in stock model 110 ultralight and had the same problem. How did you get them to work?
Mine screwed right in without any issues. Have you contacted Warne? Sounds like maybe they sent you the wrong screws?

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
So far I have been happy with the savage in a 28 nosler. The gun seems to really like nosler 175gr ablr bullets. Thats the round I was hoping would work to fit my hunts. The only problem I had so far was dealing with the bases and scope dimensions.

So I have a 110 ultra light in 6.5 prc I tried the warne M912 that have 8-40 screws. They make about 1/4 turn and that’s it. I went to cabelas, sportsman, and a local shop. Nobody had anything and couldn’t get these to work. They tried there in stock model 110 ultralight and had the same problem. How did you get them to work?
Hey did you ever get this figured out?? I am having the exact same problem and I’m not sure how to solve it.

DNZ Game Reapers are a total Thumbs up man!

Had a slip and fall that shattered my wrist... Titanium plate and 13 freakin screws!!!

Same fall slammed my Marlin 336 into that same creek bank into that same stone... bent over the objective lip of the scope. Scope was STILL ZEROED after I healed! Used that same rifle to take my biggest deer so-far the next year.
View attachment 266155View attachment 266156
damn man! your wrist looks like my carpentry work😲

Rchance83

FNG
Hey did you ever get this figured out?? I am having the exact same problem and I’m not sure how to solve it.
Yeah. I took it to a gun smith. The rain their tap on it and said it was not done right. They said savage must of had a dull bit or something. Lots of shaving came out when they did it. Screws went it fine now. Think that’s your only option to fix it. Pretty easy fix though.

OXN939

WKR
The only way for me to get the ultralight and zeiss combo to work was to use a 1 piece rail cut it in half, then play with placement of it. I ended up filing the wings down a little on the back of the rear base to give myself a little more clearance on the magnification dial. I paired that with the ultralight low leupold rings. It was only like a 1/16 higher than my talleys would have been. I like to have it open above my receiver
4599433936cd72d117d9de548dd47d64.jpg

That the V4 4-16x44? About to put that exact same rifle together as soon as my mount shows! Going with a Warne Mountaintech one piece pic rail and (hopefully) their low 30mm rings. That hydro dip job came out great. Was planning to do a rattle can paint job on mine, anyone done one similar?

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
That the V4 4-16x44? About to put that exact same rifle together as soon as my mount shows! Going with a Warne Mountaintech one piece pic rail and (hopefully) their low 30mm rings. That hydro dip job came out great. Was planning to do a rattle can paint job on mine, anyone done one similar?
Yes the V4 4-16X44. I took a one piece rail and mounted everything,then cut the middle portion out. Everything turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

only thing i don't like about talley lightweights is the lack of forgiveness with spacing.... on my savage UL it's been easy, but mine's a SA, which makes it nice. i had a 42mm bell initially mounted with lows (leupold) and now have a SWFA with a 42mm bell also, and since it was a 30mm tube i needed new mounts anyways, and went with mediums because it will be in a chassis soon, but it's not bad with the factory stock, and had a good amount of adjustment this time, as well as a more forgiving eyebox.

i have had my share of frustration with talleys on different rifles, generally more problems with LA with less wiggle room

Just picked up an ultralight and had an extra scope base from Burris laying around. Tried to thread in the 8-40 screws that came with it and the fit was a no go as far as I am concerned. Hoping to avoid running a tap I’ll try another base and see if the screws that come with it are better. I am thinking about the EGW base.