Savage 110 Ultralite

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone else out there using the Savage 110 Ultralite? I have one in 280AI and it kicks ass.
Has anyone replaced the accufit stock?

I just got mine in 6.5 prc sighted in with the hornady eld-m, i like it alot. Action is sloppy but got a bit better after shooting and cleaning. Recoil is nada with the ti pro brake i got from the store here, didn't shoot it without the brake to see the difference but i imagine its noticeable. I'll have to try shooting it without the brake to see. The stock is fugly but it works. Ordered an xlr element chassis for it when i ordered the rifle, which should weigh about the same as the current stock if i use the folding adapter and less without it but im guessing its gonna be about 2 months at least before that arrives. I ordered a titanium bolt handle and carbon knob too. Im excited to get mine put together how i want it

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Your build is going to be sweet. I’m going to look into just a sporter style stock. Not sure what brand. The factory stock is cool because is to adjustable. It’s just so cheap feeling. Bugs me.

Id check out that McMillan edge or MPI for that style if they offer it in the specs you need if you wanna shed more weight. They look pretty sweet. I had a aluminum chassis rifle before and it was a laser beam but too heavy for hunting so the idea of an ultra light chassis was extremely appealing to me. The new MDT chassis is kinda ugly and costs more but looks pretty sweet too

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Id check out that McMillan edge or MPI for that style if they offer it in the specs you need if you wanna shed more weight. They look pretty sweet. I had a aluminum chassis rifle before and it was a laser beam but too heavy for hunting so the idea of an ultra light chassis was extremely appealing to me. The new MDT chassis is kinda ugly and costs more but looks pretty sweet too
I will look into that. I want the traditional rifle stock look. I most certainly don’t want to add weight. Thanks for the guidance.

My .270 is a tack driver with barnes factory ammo. Stock is definitely cheap, but shooting this well I hesitate to care.

Is anyone else out there using the Savage 110 Ultralite? I have one in 280AI and it kicks ass.
I just bought one in 6.5 PRC. Was going to go 280ai but wanted more availability for ammo. Not much but little bit anyway. Haven’t gotten it yet. Also curious about the stock.

RPK

FNG
I got mine in 6.5 Creedmoor and changed out to an Oryx chassis. You could drive a truck under the barrel so it's REALLY free floated, now. Good experience with it so far but I'm in the infancy of learning to shoot centerfire.

Attachments

• R with S-1.jpg
    R with S-1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 51
  • R with S-2.jpg
    R with S-2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 49

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine in 6.5 Creedmoor and changed out to an Oryx chassis. You could drive a truck under the barrel so it's REALLY free floated, now. Good experience with it so far but I'm in the infancy of learning to shoot centerfire.
Hate to revive old posts. But how are you liking this set up. I really need something for my 300wsm ultralight. And this would be a good option especially with a 7 round mag. Would you purchase this again and do it the same? Or save and order the folding hunt 26 or xlr?