Savage 220 Slug Gun 20 Ga-Best Scope

DIY

WKR
Just bought a Savage 220 20ga Slug Gun. Looking for a solid Scope for this gun. Any advice? ANy Advice on Ammo

Ammo: seems like everyone likes Remington Accutips in the 220’s. I have had good results with Hornady ammo in mine also.
Scope: I like a 1-4 or 1-6 with a 20mm or 24mm objective on mine. Leupold right now but also had a vortex on there in the past. Also killed deer with a vortex venom red dot on it.

FrankyMc

FNG
Ammo: seems like everyone likes Remington Accutips in the 220’s. I have had good results with Hornady ammo in mine also.
Scope: I like a 1-4 or 1-6 with a 20mm or 24mm objective on mine. Leupold right now but also had a vortex on there in the past. Also killed deer with a vortex venom red dot on it.
Wow, didn't mention this thread. Vortex's Viper and Diamondback are great. I prefer big objectives(30 mm+) Also give a chance to Bushnells. What did you choose finally and how it goes, @DIY ?

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I topped my 220 with a Nikon Prostaff shotgun scope I had. I've been running some 260 grain Winchester partition gold sabot slugs through it, and it patterns well out at 100yds. Tipped my whitetail buck over this past fall at 110 yds with it. I really like this setup for our slug zone here in NW MN.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2.5 x 8 Leupold VX III on mine . I like consistency and have several of those scopes on different rifles. One could argue 8x magnification is not needed on a slug gun but it's nice on the range and those guns with 3" Remington Accutips can really stretch out for a slug gun .

I’ve had a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40 on my Browning A-Bolt slug gun for the past 10 years. A friend has a VX1 on his. We haven’t had any issues and both shoot Accutips

BiggA

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Rem accutips. They out shot dual bonds. Running a vxr on top of mine

Can’t ever find Remington accutips so I use hornady and they shoot solid groups farther than I will hunt. I use a leupold shotgun scope 2-7x. Works fine for me. I like it better than the red dot I used to use. Better light at low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex has the best warranty, but if you can still find a Nikon slug hunter it matches well with the gun.

I put a Nicon Prostaff 3-9 x 40 on my wifes 20 ga slug gun
Its a nice clear scope 👍
Leupold vx-1 3-9 x 50 on mine.

I think it is discontinued but I put the Burris droptine 2-7x35 slug scope on mine and it’s been great with the accu-tip 260gr

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Zeiss 3x9 on mine. I tried multiple different ammo choices and likes the Remington Accutips the best.