Savage axis stock

So I gotta savage axis in 6.5creed I absolutely love the gun love shooting it. It’s not one of those super expensive rifles but it shoots great. Just decided to update it and went with the new Boyd’s spike camp seems like a good little upgrade of style and function for $130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the at one was the most hideous stock made. They outdid themselves with this one.

top it with an axis and it’d be hard to find a larger piece of crap.

I thought the at one was the most hideous stock made. They outdid themselves with this one.

top it with an axis and it’d be hard to find a larger piece of crap.
Funny! I’d have to disagree with you. I bought the axis in 223 when it first came out and while it may feel cheap and won’t win any shooting competitions, I sure can shoot pretty good holes in coyotes. Shooting factory ammo through it was not great, but working reloads till I found one it liked made it a completely new gun.

The Axis line is not pretty but they are accurate (at least mine are). Have one in 223 and it is a single ragged hole at 100 yards. Have one in 6.5 Creedmoor that is 0.5 MOA with commercial Precision Hunter. Both have no issues killing animals.

Not everyone has the same needs nor budget. If someone has a problem with your setup that is functional, they can go bugger themselves.

robtattoo

WKR
I built my first custom gun of an axis action. Ugly as a mud fence, I'm the first to admit it, but my good does it shoot. I've had them in .223, .243, .30-06 & my custom in 6.5x55 & I haven't had one yet that won't put 5 shots into a quarter size group at 100 yds.

I've been looking at these stocks myself. My only concern is the strength around the thumbhole/grip. It just looks really fragile there.

OP
Allen-samsal19
Well of course the savage ain’t gonna compare to a christianson or any of these other 2k rifles but its great shooter for me at under $1k in it with scope stock. The less I spend on the rifle the more I have to enable me to get out to the mountains and chase more critters and it’ll kill em all the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk