Savage axis trigger upgrade

junior

WKR
I’ve got a Savage axis with standard trigger in need of a better trigger. I’ve heard of people getting an accutrigger into an axis but not sure how easy that is.

Looking for advice on timney vs accutrigger.

If accutrigger-any info on where to get one or tricks on getting it into my rifle?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much money do you want to put into the gun? MCARBO sells a trigger kit for the axis. It has a spring that drops pull from 6 lbs to about 2.5-3.5 lbs and includes shims to eliminate the trigger play. I think the cost is about $20. I installed it in my axis and it's a world of difference! Sorry for not answering your questions, just thought it may be helpful to throw out another option you may not be aware of.

OP
junior

junior

WKR
That’s great suggestions thanks guys. Will update with what I end up doing

OP
junior

junior

WKR
Gonna give the mcarbo a shot and see how it is. Seems like it’s worth taking a chance on at $20

mfoster

FNG
I just bought the Cabela's/BPS special. $300 out the door. Installed a Vortex Venom 4-12X40 optic (didn't like the Weaver that came with it). After watching some Youtube videos of different trigger spring upgrades, I came across this on my own... This may sound sketch, but I used a Pilot G-2 pen spring and got a $.79 10-24, 3/4" set screw from Ace. Bought some Blue Locktite ($10), but if you can find the small packets I'm sure they're cheaper. Installed in minutes and brought the trigger pull from 7.5lb down to 2.7. Total cost $10.79, $10 of which was Locktite.