Savage Axis

So there is a killer deal at my local walmart on a savage axis ll xp in 6.5 creedmoor. And im just wondering if anyone had any experience with one.

That specific caliber no however I picked up a similar youth version for my son in 243 and its a tack driver. Bolt is really smooth. Only complaint I have is that there is no bolt lock so it can open on you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No experience with the 6.5 creedmoor in that gun but a buddy of mine bought the axis ll in 25-06 and I was really impressed with how it shot! It came with a cheap Nikon scope but it’s adequate for what he wanted to do with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up for a smoking deal. I think my buddy was out the door for like $350.

HiRidge

FNG
I bought my wife a stainless axis II in .308 win. Very light weight rifle and shoots like a dream. Hard to beat for the money IMO. Bought it new and paid right at $300.

OP
serious hunter1218
I have a 4-16 leupold i got for my birthday that i will put on it. And im gonna put a boyds stock on it.

robtattoo

WKR
I've had several & still have my .223
I just sold my custom Axis Swede to build another.
I've yet to own our shoot one that won't put 10 shots into a tiny little group.

A-la......

20200729_092411.jpg

Hi there, I've been reading up on the Walmart Axis II and wondering if anyone can comment if they kick noticeably more than a traditional 110? I assume that the recoil is felt more because of the way the recoil is bedded into the stock. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as this will be a new hunting rifle for my son. THank you

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Walnut stocked axis 2 in 243 and it is hands down the most accurate rifle I own. Dime sized groups a 100yds with blue box federal ammo. Doesn't win any beauty contests but best raffle prize I've ever won

Unckebob

WKR
Hi there, I've been reading up on the Walmart Axis II and wondering if anyone can comment if they kick noticeably more than a traditional 110? I assume that the recoil is felt more because of the way the recoil is bedded into the stock. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as this will be a new hunting rifle for my son. THank you
The stocks on the Axis's are really cheap and light. I am pretty sure the stock that came with my Savage Switchback is an Axis Stock since it uses Axis magazines.

As soon as I got my Switchback, I took took the barreled action and mounted it in a chassis. Then, I took a look at the original stock.
- To get solid(ish) structure, the use a lot of internal bracing
- The recoil lug mates up with plastic.
- The stock seems to have pillars, but they stop shy of the where they would need to go to make metal to metal contact.
- they kick more than the 110, it is because the stocks are notably lighter than the AccuStock stocks often used with 110 actions.

44CD7C5D-2F64-4778-BB6B-C3629ADA2578.jpeg

Last edited: