Savage Left Handed Stocks

Hello,
I currently have a Savage 111 30-06. I am wanting to make it more of a custom rifle. I’d like to start by upgrading the stock first. Being left handed, stocks are difficult to find especially for a particular model. I’d rather stay with synthetic rather than laminate. I talked to a guy that told me he could convert a Bell & Carlson to left handed but can’t modify the comb. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Much appreciated.

OP
Pilgrim2094
Kevin at Stockade will make it if you can wait for it.
I just called them and think I may go this route. Do you know much about them? Reviews online seem to say it is worth the wait. That seems to be my only option unless I go laminate. Not sure how I feel on the laminate vs synthetic debate.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would check out one of our chassis. It is going to be more rigid and lighter than the stock and allow for accessories to be attached! Not to mention the element 4.0 comes with an integrated arca rail and an integrated bubble level.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 of his stocks. They will not be as light as some other makers - more along the lines of the B&C or HS Precision in weight. I do not own any other custom stocks, so keep in mind I can't compare to a McMillan, etc.

I have a varmint "Woodchuck" model for a Savage short-action blind mag that weights 43oz inclusive of a 1" recoil pad, sling swivel studs and a steel trigger guard. The other Stockade I have is a sporter-style. I don't have a record of the weight of my sporter stock from them.

On the sporter, I did the "money saver" option, which is a raw out-of-the-mold stock because I had CDI bottom metal added as well as adding texture to the grip area before painting. I don't recall there being any difference in the inlet area between the paint-ready and the money saver, but there was a mold line and various small air voids in the surface that needed to be filled.

Both needed to have the lug area bedded for a factory sized lug but both barrels free-floated without modification.