Savage Model 111 7mm Remington mag build ideas

snik

FNG
So about a year ago I inherited a Savage Model 111 7mm. I'm thinking about doing some modifications to this gun to make it a better long range rifle. Anyone here ever done a build with this gun? If so, give me so ideas. Thanks in advance.

Trigger swap would at the top of my list. Sharp Shooter Supply (SSS) or Rifle Basix will get it done. Then bed the action and see what it'll do.

260madman

WKR
You might get the SSS trigger by 2023. I’d skip them. Their service is crap. Do a search on them and you’ll spend hours scratching your head and saying “WTF”.

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
snik, did this ever go anywhere? I have the same gun and am wondering about options for upgrades, and what worked for you?

snik, did this ever go anywhere? I have the same gun and am wondering about options for upgrades, and what worked for you?
I’m not the op but I have the same rifle. I do know it’s hard to find an aftermarket stock for it. Just about no one will inlet for savage.

Oldffemt

WKR
I have an old inherited 110 in 243 in my safe as well. I’ve come close to starting the rebuild a couple times, but I can buy a tikka and any upgrades I want for it for similar money and have a way better rifle.