Savage Trigger/ safety won’t engage

So I put together a 25-06 recently: Savage lightweight storm with a criterion 25-06 barrel and a lighter trigger spring. Anyway I did the break in/ sight in process yesterday. The first 30-40 rounds went flawlessly, then I went shoot another round and the accutrigger blade would not move and I could not move the safety. Opening and closing the bolt 1-3 times would fix it, but the remainder of the time (25ish rounds) it would do this about every 3rd shot. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Wapiti1

WKR
Sounds like the sear isn't catching properly during reset and it is catching on the accutrigger blade. That could be the trigger spring isn't putting enough pressure on the trigger to reset properly. It could also be the travel adjustment screw needs to be backed out a tiny bit to allow the trigger to pivot farther. The sear can bind on the trigger if that screw isn't set right.

Add some tension to the trigger spring adjustment screw and see if that corrects it. The spring may have shifted and isn't applying enough pressure.

It isn't uncommon for a trigger to settle in after you change parts and you have to re-adjust it. Savage triggers aren't precise swiss watches.

Jeremy