Savage upgrades

stump06

WKR
I bought a savage 110 LW storm a couple years ago. Its an awesome rifle and I've killed every time I've pulled the trigger. I see other guys upgrading their 110s and was just wondering what are some good options for starting out? Trigger? Bolt? The bolt feels kinda sloppy when I pull it back. Would it be worth it to put a carbon fiber barrel on it? That will be a ways off lol

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would upgrade with a lift kit, ejector/extractor kit, then stock, trigger, and barrel last. I have done a bunch of Savage in the past.

You can't do anything cost effective with the bolt slop. It would be better to buy an Origin and a Savage prefit barrel and then you get into the Rem 700 accessory world.

Nothing wrong with Savage at all. But, once I bought one custom, it wasn't long till I sold them all and basically only have two rifles I shoot. I didn't get happy shooting the Savage and they stayed home. I sold them and bought awesome gear I love.

Frankly, the new Proof barreled action is so cheap you should sell yours and buy that before you buy a Proof prefit to rebarrel.