Savages are heavy and they can't shoot...

OP
Newtosavage
I've never had an issue with them. I actually like the old style clip-in magazine bottom vs. the newer push-button style, but they both work fine. If I had my preference, I would have hinged floorplates - always my preferred option for hunting rifles - but I guess you can't always get everything you want. :D

I do like the fact that savage uses metal magazine guts. It gives you the option to tweak feed lips if you need to. I've never had a Savage magazine that wouldn't feed perfectly without any work, or with just the slightest amount of work. And, magazines are plentiful and relatively inexpensive, so it's easy to have a spare. I always have a spare in my hunting pack. It's a good way to keep spare rounds without having them rattle around.

I recently bought a 110 Storm (formerly 116 Weather Warrior) in 7mm RM and it's the most consistently accurate gun I've ever owned. It just groups well with whatever I feed it and never throws flyers. The new Accufit stock feels cheap but the ergos are very nice. I'm not a fan of the magazine or bolt assemblies but both seem to function just fine.

OP
Newtosavage
I recently bought a 110 Storm (formerly 116 Weather Warrior) in 7mm RM and it's the most consistently accurate gun I've ever owned. It just groups well with whatever I feed it and never throws flyers. The new Accufit stock feels cheap but the ergos are very nice. I'm not a fan of the magazine or bolt assemblies but both seem to function just fine.

This.

This is why I'm back to Savage rifles. Just the consistent, no-surprises accuracy. I never started seeing unexplainable fliers (and subsequently chasing my tail at the loading bench) until I strayed from Savage rifles. The only other rifle I've shot that can hang with them are Tikkas in my (somewhat limited) experience.

The new accufit stocks don't look like much, but man do they fit nice. One of the biggest gripes I have with stocks is that the leading edge of the top of the comb is usually too close to the action and the base of my thumb has no place to go. It results in an awkward clockwise rotation of my trigger hand on most stocks. Just by moving that point back and making room for the base of my thumb, these stocks are so much more comfortable and IMO consistent. The recoil pads are excellent as well. I was going to paint mine, but after using them a while I'm just going to leave them as-is. They work great.

While these stocks from the Lightweight Storm series aren't the full Accustock, they do allow you to adjust the length of pull. As for the comb height, it's friggin' perfect for me with medium Talley rings. Whoever designed these stocks needs a raise IMO. Like. A. Glove.

TheGDog

WKR
Savage Trophy Hunter XP package in .308 Win... with Barnes VOR-TX 168gr TTSX... was in my hands that amazing night when I got my first deer in 2015! Talk about Thor's Hammer! @40yds that buck's body was knocked sideways like 10" or so before it just fell over and started kicking. And I firmly believe in the bladed-style AccuTrigger type triggers.

But heck... even my cheapie Remington 783 in .223 Rem. Though I woudn't recommend them due to feeding issues related to the magazine, was able to hit a Shock-Top Aluminum bottle at 200yds with a simple Crossfire 2-7x33mm scope.

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to stay out of this fray but the Redfield revolution scope changed my mind:) I have a Savage 111 30/06 with a Revolution 3x9 40 mm objective lens. Its heavy but shoots accurately. I compared the scope in low light conditions to a midrange Vortex 44mm, I don't remember which Vortex scope, and a Leupold 44mm,again don't remember the name. The Leupold gathered the most light followed by Redfield and Vortex. For the money the Revolution is a very clear and gathers light extremely well. You don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money to get a quality firearm and scope.

OP
Newtosavage
I was going to stay out of this fray but the Redfield revolution scope changed my mind:) I have a Savage 111 30/06 with a Revolution 3x9 40 mm objective lens. Its heavy but shoots accurately. I compared the scope in low light conditions to a midrange Vortex 44mm, I don't remember which Vortex scope, and a Leupold 44mm,again don't remember the name. The Leupold gathered the most light followed by Redfield and Vortex. For the money the Revolution is a very clear and gathers light extremely well. You don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money to get a quality firearm and scope.
I had literally zero intention of walking out of that store the other day with the Revolution. I had, on the counter, a VX-3i, two VX-Freedoms, a Styrka (which was surprisingly good, but heavy) and the 3-9x40 Redfield. I was prepared to buy any one of them. I was so impressed by the Redfield's optics and I knew the reticle could work well for this gun, that it followed me home. No regrets after 2 trips to the range in dim and rainy conditions.

Toaster42

FNG
I've always had great luck with every savage rifle I've owned, from the 257 Bob my grandpa bought me at twelve to 6.5 Creedmore I just bought my wife. They may not be the prettiest but they've always shot great for me.

amassi

WKR
I had literally zero intention of walking out of that store the other day with the Revolution. I had, on the counter, a VX-3i, two VX-Freedoms, a Styrka (which was surprisingly good, but heavy) and the 3-9x40 Redfield. I was prepared to buy any one of them. I was so impressed by the Redfield's optics and I knew the reticle could work well for this gun, that it followed me home. No regrets after 2 trips to the range in dim and rainy conditions.
Refield has been made by leupold for the last decade
The leupold rifleman series is likely the same scope as the revolution

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
Newtosavage
Refield has been made by leupold for the last decade
The leupold rifleman series is likely the same scope as the revolution

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I think it probably is the same scope. Specs are nearly identical. Still not sure why it was so much sharper and brighter to my eyes, than the VX-3i I was comparing it to though.

brushape

WKR
My lwh chambered in 6.5 creed is boringly accurate and easy to shoot. It is ugly as sin and there action feels like my grandmas hand crank food mixer. With a few mods to the stock and the 2-7 vx2 it weighs right at 6 pounds
08b8dfa0875e35543c77512d05824812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
Savages really are annoyingly accurate. I have an LWH that shoots bug holes at 200 with factory ammo lol.

The action is so gritty and stock so flimsy...but G dang does it shoot.

ianpadron

WKR
Lol could not agree more. I have the same rifle.

My lwh chambered in 6.5 creed is boringly accurate and easy to shoot. It is ugly as sin and there action feels like my grandmas hand crank food mixer. With a few mods to the stock and the 2-7 vx2 it weighs right at 6 pounds
08b8dfa0875e35543c77512d05824812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk