Savory snacks?

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
Most trail snacks I have found are generally sweet. I am looking for something to throw in the food bag to break up the typical sweet. I only do day hikes, so weight isn’t a huge issue, but still want something easy and convenient. I occasionally carry spam singles.
What do you carry in your food bag that is savory/salty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
Pepperoni rolls! Easy to make at home and I throw a couple in for each day.

Sounds delicious. I think I might do these instead of peanut butter bacon bagels for lunch

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite lately is slices of salami with salt and vinegar potato chips.

Sounds pretty good. I’d leave the chips back at camp though. I’ve always thought about bringing salami slices

Chunk of salami,chunk of favorite cheese and goya crackers. Also every year I keep frozen deer snack sticks and home made jerkey vacuum pak them and freeze just toss the vacuum bags in your pack bye eating time they are thawed.

bluumoon

WKR
Sounds delicious. I think I might do these instead of peanut butter bacon bagels for lunch

Get some frozen dough, let it rise a bit flatten and roll up w pepperoni on the inside. Use deli sliced pepperoni, not the crappy pre sliced stuff in a bag. Cheese and or jalapeños can be added as well.

Clarence

WKR
Snyder's Buffalo wing pretzel pieces. Critters can probably hear you munching from 500 yds though.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

intunegp

WKR
I like the Starkist tuna in olive oil but it turns into a sort of fish jello as it starts to freeze. The Hormel Black Label bacon is the best I've tried, damn good right out of the package. Peppered jerky usually isn't very sweet. Salami/pepperoni and a hard cheese are always nice. Bear Naked Granola bites are another favorite because they aren't super sweet. At least not the PB/honey and coconut/cashew. Oh, and cheddar cheese crackers.