Sawtooth and snow accumulation

Shrek

WKR
How much snow should I worry about with an unattended Sawtooth ? Forecast is for 1"-3" accumulation over the next two days and my Sawtooth is up on the mountain. If I hike up there tomorrow and pull it down I'm probably going to wrap my trip up but if I don't need to worry too much then I'll hang in town and head up Wednesday and hunt through Friday. Not really wanting to hike in and wait out snow for a deer I don't really care about.

oldgoat

WKR
I don't know the answer, but I bet it makes a big difference if it's a wet heavy snow or dry powdery snow. How cold is it supposed to be? If it's not super cold system, I'd probably pull mine!

Depends on how heavy a snow. Some snow is wetter than others. I've had 1 foot on my sawtooth when I wasn't there and it was fine. If you are there make sure to nock the snow off

Stid2677

WKR
I believe it will be Okay.

IMGP2091.jpg

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Thanks guys. After thinking about it I left it be. If three inches will hurt it I've got a problem. It could easily dump more than that with me on the mountain hunting. I'm crashing in Townsend at the moment. Plan on hunting as the weather breaks tomorrow.