Sawtooth question

I am slowly converting some of my kuiu to FL just like the fit of FL better. I love my peloton hoodie and curious to those that have the hybrid would u say the sawtooth is comparable with the added water resistance?

Chuck44

FNG
I don't have any experience with the Peloton but I understand that the 240 weight stuff is highly wind resistant. The Sawtooth is not wind resistant except on the chest and shoulders where it has the nylon shell. I think of the Sawtooth as a combination of a medium-weight merino like the Chama and a lightweight insulated vest with DWR. I really like mine but I would not wear it as a wind-blocking piece.

jt4

WKR
I have a good bit of FL. Sawtooth is the only piece I’ve returned. Sleeves, arms and shoulders were so awkwardly tight I couldn’t even comfortably wear a lightweight T-shirt under it. There’s no wind resistance at all if that’s what you’re looking for.

I got a peloton 240 off here and it’s really versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thanks been reading that same thing. I have an original guide jacket I like but between my peloton and other hooded items too many hoods. I can't seem to find a fL jacket that would be comparable. it almost seems like FL has gotten too specific if that makes sense. Like the combo of one or two fo their jackets equates to the function of the kuiu guide jacket. I am actually leaning toward selling my kuiu guide jacket and get one without the hood. Or maybe should save for my son as fast as he's growing

Chuck44

FNG
I’m not a first lite fanboy but I think it is important to distinguish between the 1st gen and 2nd gen sawtooths. The 1st gen has the shoulder and arm fit issues described earlier as well as stitching that easily tore...I sent that one back. Those issues were addressed in the 2nd gen. You know you have a 2nd gen if it had the orange XD on the piping on the interior seams as well as it contains spandex (merino-x). The second gen still runs a little small for the rest of their sizing though...only like a 1/2 size though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk